Selling speakers on ebay--issue with shipping calculator

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
Has anyone sold a set of two speakers on ebay? It appears that their shipping calculator will only calculate the shipping cost for one package. So, you cannot come up with a price for your listing that represents both speaker packages. It's a shame, because ebay does offer almost a 50% discount on shipping rates for UPS and FedEx. After perusing a bunch of speaker listings on ebay, it appears that most sellers are just jacking up the price and offering free shipping. But has anybody found another way? Thanks much.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Typical of manipulating shipping costs in general I'd think. Why can't you just assume double the cost? You're saying UPS and Fedex have a slight multiple package discount? Incorporating prepaid shipping and what cost you're willing to absorb for a given price point, who knows?

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Be warned, for whatever reason, every single time I have used Fed-Ex with ebay, somehow they boxes get overstated and the weight does as well. I sold an AMP and other items, and was overcharged quite a bit.

eBay Seller Gets Surprise Bill for FedEx Shipping (ecommercebytes.com)

If you use ebay to ship fedex, don't just drop it off at a fedex store or hub, have them measure it and weigh it in front of you. Something does not gel. When my amp box, which has its size clearly stated on the outside of the box, gets overestimated by 2-4 inches in length and width, it is definitely fishy. Not to mention my amp apparently got fat and gained weight when I shipped it out too lol.

Bottom line, go to a fedex and kinkos, have them weigh it in front of you, take a picture and have them write down the measurements on the receipt. This way you will have something to dispute when you review your Fedex charges on ebay and it doesn't add up.

I no longer ship FedEx with Ebay, but I do have my personal FedEx account if I need to.

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
Typical of manipulating shipping costs in general I'd think. Why can't you just assume double the cost? You're saying UPS and Fedex have a slight multiple package discount? Incorporating prepaid shipping and what cost you're willing to absorb for a given price point, who knows?
The ebay shipping discount apparently only happens when you create your shipping label via ebay. But then you are only shipping one box. The ebay discount for UPS and FedEx is about 40%, but again, it will only be for that one box.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The ebay shipping discount apparently only happens when you create your shipping label via ebay. But then you are only shipping one box. The ebay discount for UPS and FedEx is about 40%, but again, it will only be for that one box.
I'd think it is what it is. If you want a really significant discount/service you'd need to be a regular shipper I'd think.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis