Seeking help with shipping FUBAR - with Amazon/UPS order

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I ordered a pair of the new(ish) Elac Debut DBR62 speakers to chack out (and see if Andrew Jones did a better job on these than he did on the UniFi's)!
The speakers were sold via Amazon with UPS providing delivery to my home in Georgia.
The seller, "Certified Prime" (not to be confused with Amazon's prime two day delivery) estimated delivery tomorrow!
I was surprised today to get notice that my package was delivered a day earlier, however it was nowhere to be seen.

Amazon provides the following:
Delivered today
Your package was delivered. It was handed directly to a resident.

Delivered
(my address)
When I clicked "see all updates" I get that it was delivered to Commerce City, CO:
Wednesday, April 22 8:25 AM - Delivered
Commerce City, CO US

Tuesday, April 21 10:44 PM - A carrier delay has occurred. Delivery may be delayed.
Commerce City, CO US

Monday, April 20 7:12 PM - Package arrived at a carrier facility
Commerce City, CO US

Package has shipped
When I track the package on the UPS website it says:
"Returned to Sender" and provides Wheat Ridge, CO for the location.

I am mostly pissed at myself for ordering it from a business that calls itself "Certified Prime" as this name is an obvious attempt to confuse people and I hesitated, but decided it wasn't a big deal.

However, I have Amazon's site indicating that it was delivered to me when it was not.

My ideal solution would be to cancel this order and reorder from someone else. However, Amazon is famously difficult to get someone on the phone (or getting a phone number to call)!
So I thought I'd inquire here for thoughts on the path of least resistance for resolution.

Last edited:
nbk13nw

nbk13nw

Full Audioholic
When checking that delivery the details state that there was a "Hazardous materials irregularity".

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I ordered a pair of the new(ish) Elac Debut DBR62 speakers to chack out (and see if Andrew Jones did a better job on these than he did on the UniFi's)!
The speakers were sold via Amazon with UPS providing delivery to my home in Georgia.
The seller, "Certified Prime" (not to be confused with Amazon's prime two day delivery) estimated delivery tomorrow!
I was surprised today to get notice that my package was delivered a day earlier, however it was nowhere to be seen.

When I clicked "see all updates" I get that it was delivered to Commerce City, CO:

I am mostly pissed at myself for ordering it from a business that calls itself "Certified Prime" as this name is an obvious attempt to confuse people and I hesitated, but decided it wasn't a big deal.

However, I have Amazon's site indicating that it was delivered to me when it was not.

My ideal solution would be to cancel this order and reorder from someone else. However, Amazon is famously difficult to get someone on the phone (or getting a phone number to call)!
So I thought I'd inquire here for thoughts on the path of least resistance for resolution.
Contact Amazon- "famously difficult"? I have never had a problem getting a call within a few minutes. The number is in their 'Contact Us' area and they have a "receive a call" option, which I use. They have been great- if only ATT and Spectrum were as well-organized.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord

I have gotten Amazon customer service via IM / Chat on a few occasions, no long waits or problems.

Worst-case, you can take the problem through the credit card company.

nbk13nw

nbk13nw

Full Audioholic
Also, the "Handed directly to a resident" can be taken with a grain of salt. I had a notice today for a delivery from Amazon. Said the same thing, "Handed directly to a resident". But I found it on the outer end of my front deck, about 20 feet from the front door.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
When checking that delivery the details state that there was a "Hazardous materials irregularity".

You are scary with those ninja tracking skills!
I'm impressed!
But thanks, I did not notice the notation about hazardous materials!

Last edited:
TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah amazon has had plenty of issues with shady sellers, but I too have used their chat system to resolve an issue, quickly.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Contact Amazon- "famously difficult"? I have never had a problem getting a call within a few minutes. The number is in their 'Contact Us' area and they have a "receive a call" option, which I use. They have been great- if only ATT and Spectrum were as well-organized.
I may have a major DOH! moment after you tell me where it is, but I am not finding it on their home page.
I am used to a "contact us" link either at the top, among the menu structure at the top, or at the bottom of the page and I do not see it! I went to "Let us help you" at the bottom which seems like a good place for a phone contact, but not there.
Once again, I am miffed by Amazon!
Help me out!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Okay, I Googled their Phone number! And remember now that was how I found it last time (some years ago). Unfortunately the phone assistance is currently shut down because of CV (this was an 888 number)!

The link from Google also showed a "Start Chat" link and using it, I eventually got to a link to have someone call me. Once I got this far, I had a good experience and they cancelled my order!

I'm sure there s a way to get directly to this contact info somewhere, but for me, going to Google for it was the most direct!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Okay, I Googled their Phone number! And remember now that was how I found it last time (some years ago). Unfortunately the phone assistance is currently shut down because of CV (this was an 888 number)!

The link from Google also showed a "Start Chat" link and using it, I eventually got to a link to have someone call me. Once I got this far, I had a good experience and they cancelled my order!

I'm sure there s a way to get directly to this contact info somewhere, but for me, going to Google for it was the most direct!
I usually just send them a message telling them I never received the product. You can do it right from the Orders page. They usually give it a few days and then a refund. Pretty painless. Other than not getting your stuff.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
My last order consisted of two items. Got a mysterious message that the shipment was undeliverable and eventually that I'd get a refund....so far only a refund on part of the shipment. Starting to inquire as to where the rest of my refund is. I think this coronatine has impacted their logistics quite a bit.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

My last order consisted of two items. Got a mysterious message that the shipment was undeliverable and eventually that I'd get a refund....so far only a refund on part of the shipment. Starting to inquire as to where the rest of my refund is. I think this coronatine has impacted their logistics quite a bit.
Yes, the buggers eat everything, especially humans. ;) :D

highfigh

highfigh

I may have a major DOH! moment after you tell me where it is, but I am not finding it on their home page.
I am used to a "contact us" link either at the top, among the menu structure at the top, or at the bottom of the page and I do not see it! I went to "Let us help you" at the bottom which seems like a good place for a phone contact, but not there.
Once again, I am miffed by Amazon!
Help me out!
Go to their main page, scroll down to the bottom and at the right, you'll see a column with:

Let Us Help You
Click Amazon Assistant, then Contact Us. That will take you to a chat screen and below the 'Start Chat Now' button, it has a link to "Need help over the phone? We can call you".

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis