security cameras and recording

P

philh

Full Audioholic
This market is ripe for someone to do it right, and at a value price

I've been looking for a card, that will acquire security camera data, either wireless or wired (or combo) and feed it to a computer for continuous recording for later review.

A friend gave me some junk X10 stuff, and while his problem was different, I have it hooked to a VCR now, and it did trigger the VCR record for awhile, it stopped. The camera is also absolutely useless in low light. I would still need a card, and additional receivers.

I found K-World has a card, that most reviewers have said is junk, and the software made their computers unstable.

There was another one in the same price catagory, for some reason I can't find today, but same thing most reviewers think it's junk

Found one by Hauppauge, but while they're other products are highly assessed, couldn't find any on their security card.

Linksys has a wireless camera with built in router. People either love it, or hate it, nothing in between. Most people complain about low light capability.

Is there any successful experience here with cards that will collect video data from 3-4 cameras, compress it, allow for continuous or triggered data recording?

Right now I want three cameras on my house, one for the boat and boat house, one for the door, and third for the driveway. In all cases I either have or will have motion sensor lights set up.

J

JonBaker99

Audioholic
Talk to my buddy Gary at OptiView (www.optiviewpro.com). He has the VS4 which is an awesome streaming video capture device for security cameras that allows you to use your own PC for video capture. If you want something a little more powerful, ask him about his PC based DVRs. I've done tons of installs with them and they are the best I've found. If you talk to Gary tell him Jon Baker from Discovertec refered you to him. He probably can give you a sweet deal on a full hardware package.

- Jon

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis