W

Wabbit

Junior Audioholic
Anyone know of, or how to seal a single sliding barn door for a theater room interance?

I like the idea that it is solid and to a lesser degree trendy. My work office building has thick metal glass doors for privacy rooms, but that's likely pricy custom commerical thing and not Joanna Gaines approved.

I imagine there should be some way to have a gasket of sorts for these kind of doors and floor molding. I've just not seen one.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I would go to Home Depot and look at garage door skirting, or weather sealing trim etc. I’m sure chip would override Joanna for functionality lol.
It’s gonna be a coat I’m fit no matter what, and it’s only gone seal so much too. Although it’d probably be better than nothing.

W

Wabbit

Junior Audioholic
Yeah, that's what I was also thinking of. Certainly curious if anyone had luck with anything before I re-invent the wheel.

On the topic:

W

Wabbit

Junior Audioholic
Found a great solution.

My doors actually compress up against a weather strip seal mounted on the door frame molding. So for barn doors, they seal really well and have the look. They also save the wall space. Amazon has reasonable door kits that saved a lot of milling wood work.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
The only ways I can think of to really seal this kind of door involve some way to compress a seal, which means it will need some kind of mechanism (like a latch) or to ramp the track, so it automatically moves the door closer to the wall. Some kind of flexible seal will be needed on all gaps.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis