Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I'm not a huge Michael Cera fan. I liked him in Arrested Development, found him so so in Juno and his other recent works, but he is at his absolute BEST in this movie. What they show you in the trailer is accurate, it's a nerdy love story with video game like fighting. What they don't show you is the hilarious random spastic quirks in his character.

When you meet a character an info box pops up, lots of drawing on the screen to show stuff or point out hilarity. Just flat out random humour followed with quick reactions and back tracks. Fairly predictable ending, but not a common one, so it evens out. Heavy doses of nerd everywhere, and pretty cool soundtrack. It's a QUICK movie, so pay attention, talking isn't an option, as you'll miss something.

HIGHLY, recommended.

SheepStar

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Not sure if I want to hit the theater to see this, but it does look like something I would watch. Probably a rental.

Oddly, Ubisoft has a game out on PSN based on the movie that is an old school style side scroller fighting game and it is actually very fun! I was wondering if they actually used some of that in the movie...

I know what you mean about Cera. He has his moments, but I don't like everything he does.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Not sure if I want to hit the theater to see this, but it does look like something I would watch. Probably a rental.

Oddly, Ubisoft has a game out on PSN based on the movie that is an old school style side scroller fighting game and it is actually very fun! I was wondering if they actually used some of that in the movie...

I know what you mean about Cera. He has his moments, but I don't like everything he does.
Trust me, it's worth it. The trailer does not come close to what this movie is actually like.

SheepStar

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
This one wasn't messing around :) And Sheep was right. The trailer doesn't do this one justice. It is WAY more over the top than I was expecting and in a good way. The biggest surprise was the sound. I LOVED the sound, to the point where I might need to pick up the soundtrack, and that is just the music - the audio throughout the whole movie is excellent as well. LFE is actually very good and there is a lot of it :D There was a blurb in there about the director and they said he is as picky about every audio detail as the what is filmed, and it REALLY shows. The story is pretty straight forward, but the action is absolutely over the top and the characters are great. If you crossed House of Flying Daggers with Iron Man 2 and Zombieland, you'll have an idea of what this movie is like. I am definitely going to be buying this one. I will have to agree with Sheep's highly recommended.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I got about 30 minutes into the film and was actually thinking that it was turning into about the most fun movie I had ever seen just as my g/f announced that it was ridiculous. I made her go stand in the corner ... :D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I'll have to check it out. Sounds pretty funny.

S

sm31

Audioholic Intern
I got about 30 minutes into the film and was actually thinking that it was turning into about the most fun movie I had ever seen just as my g/f announced that it was ridiculous. I made her go stand in the corner ... :D
What is it with girls and this movie? I was loving it when halfway through my wife announced it was the worst movie she had ever seen. Maybe the whole "evil ex" thing hits a little close to home for them... ;)

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
when i find that a movie sucks, i don't say anything. as i don't want to spoil it for my wife.
i told her to do the same for me.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My g/f didn't like it as much as I did, but she was laughing out loud at times also :)

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I liked this one. Very fun movie. They did a VERY good job of replicating the comic books.

"You punched me in the boob."

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There are TONS of quotables in this one :D :D

Young Neil: He punched the highlights out of her hair!

Crash: This song is for the guy who keeps yelling from the balcony and it's called "We Hate You, Please Die."
Wallace Wells: Sweet!
Wallace Wells: I love this song.
(Wallace is the one yelling :D )

Knives Chau: I've never even kissed a guy before.
Scott Pilgrim: Hey... me neither.

Stacey Pilgrim: I mean, did you really see a future with this girl?
Scott Pilgrim: Like... with jetpacks?

Scott Pilgrim: We are Sex Bob-Omb and we are here to make you think about death and get sad and stuff.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
"Are you gonna use the "L" word?"

"Lesbian?"

"The OTHER "L" word."

"Lesbians?"

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
The girl that played Knives was totally hot. I kept yelling at Scott to stay with her. :D

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
just finished watching this.

its a video game geek and/or teeny bopper movie. i am not a video game geek. but it did grow on me.
all of the chicks are hot. the action was good, though weird at times. good lfe, vq and aq.

all-in-all, a good corny movie if you are feeling quirky.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I wanted to rent this and my 18 yr old daughter commented that this is more a teen chick flick.. Is it worth renting? How accurate is that assessment?

B

BWG707

Audioholic
Definitely not just a teen chick movie. I'm a male (definitely much older than a teen) and I enjoyed this movie very much. The audio is excellent with some good LFE. I would have to say that this is a "must see" movie in my book. I would actually consider purchasing this blu-ray. Just watch it, it's very entertaining.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I wanted to rent this and my 18 yr old daughter commented that this is more a teen chick flick.. Is it worth renting? How accurate is that assessment?
She has it wrong, she hasn't seen it, or she is confusing it with someone else. This movie has DUDE written all over it :D While the underlying story is a love story, it isn't about the chick.

Definitely not just a teen chick movie. I'm a male (definitely much older than a teen) and I enjoyed this movie very much. The audio is excellent with some good LFE. I would have to say that this is a "must see" movie in my book. I would actually consider purchasing this blu-ray. Just watch it, it's very entertaining.
I netflixed it on Sheep's recommendation and ended up buying it the next day :cool:

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
No, it's for dudes in their twenties who grew up on all the lovable cliches of 90s video games. Freaking awesome, but I think most of the references would probably fly by many people's heads.

j_garcia said:
This movie has DUDE written all over it
And then some!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
No, it's for dudes in their twenties who grew up on all the lovable cliches of 90s video games. Freaking awesome, but I think most of the references would probably fly by many people's heads.
LOL. It is basically structured like a Mortal Kombat game, including the "VS.", which I found hilarious. The really funny thing is, this movie is actually better than either of the MK movies :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis