School is gonna be hard this semester...

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
So I just finished up my tenative schedule this for this semester and it's gonna be pretty hard. Here's what it looks like so far:

Monday:
8-9: Physics 240 Discussion
10-11: Philosophy 303 Lecture
11-12: Math 215 Lecture
12-1: Philosophy 303 Discussion
1:30-2:30: EECS 206 Lecture
3-5: Physics 241 (Lab)

Tuesday:
9-10 Physics 240 Lecture

Wednesday:
2:30-4:30: EECS 206 Lab

Thursday:
9-10 Physics 240 Lecture
10-11 Math 215 Lab

Friday:
11-12 Math 215 Lecture
1:30-2:30 EECS 206 Lecture

And here's the links to class descriptions, for those who care:

Physics 240
Philosophy 303
Math 215
EECS 206

I left my days open so I can work and make some cash, and so I have some time to enjoy my BIC system!

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
I don't see any Physical Chemistry in there so should be a piece of cake ;) .

A year of that stuff still gives me nightmares 8 years later!!

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
Physical Chemistry is done on your own time. Its a study usually done after the bars!!!

nibhaz

nibhaz

Audioholic Chief
Your Philosophy 303 looks like it should be a fun class!

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
Philosophy and Ethics from last semester was my favorite class. I love to argue so what better than a class where its encouraged as long as you can back your statements up.

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
Sorry about the rough semester, I'm looking good this semester, only have 12 hours of class, all business classes, so it should be cake. I've taken 18 hrs each semester for the last 3 years...I dont know what I'm going to do with all my free time. Oh yeah, its my last semester so I'll probably be drunk during all my free time, gosh this semester is going to be good.

J

jneutron

Senior Audioholic
jaxvon said:
So I just finished up my tenative schedule this for this semester and it's gonna be pretty hard. Here's what it looks like so far:

Monday:
3-5: Physics 241 (Lab)

Tuesday:
9-10 Physics 240 Lecture

Wednesday:
2:30-4:30: EECS 206 Lab

Thursday:
9-10 Physics 240 Lecture
10-11 Math 215 Lab

Friday:
11-12 Math 215 Lecture
1:30-2:30 EECS 206 Lecture
Hmmm..monday and wednesday look problematic.. Half hour lunches are a PITA..

Otherwise, it's a piece of cake. I assume you've decided to keep the semester lite to persue a sport?.. ;)

Good luck with the semester..

John

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
Well, the grass is always greener...

...just wait until you no longer have to put up with the "work" of school and are confronted with the real world...work at your job, work at home, payin' the bills...

jimHJJ(...you know, that sort of fun stuff...)

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
My first fourth semester in Ann Arbor was Physics 240 class and lab, 2nd semester organic chemistry lecture and lab(?#), honors differential equations 286 and scientific German. It was worse than med school and only 16 credits!

Do they still offer Greek and Roman Sport and Recreation?

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Not sure about the Greek and Roman stuff (lots of frats, but that's something completely different...)

I'm so glad I don't have to take Organic Chem for my major. Inorganic was easy, but still a pain because of the workload (and lack of credit). That's one thing I hate about UM...1 credit class, 4 hours of classtime per week, plus another 4+ hours of work outside class.

And Mr. Neutron, I won't even be eating lunch. That half hour will be consumed by me hopping a bus from central campus to north campus for my next class. I'm gonna be HUUUUUNGRY when I hit up the dining hall at 5 something.

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
jaxvon said:
I'm so glad I don't have to take Organic Chem for my major. Inorganic was easy, but still a pain because of the workload (and lack of credit). That's one thing I hate about UM...1 credit class, 4 hours of classtime per week, plus another 4+ hours of work outside class.
There are two types of people in this world. Those that "get" organic chemistry, and those that don't. If you get it, you breeze through it no problem, otherwise it's one long struggle. I haven't figured out why that is. All I know is that tutoring someone who doesn't get it is nearly impossible!!

Oh, and by the way, not getting enough credit for the amount of work you do is not unique to U of M ;) .

algernon

algernon

Audioholic
alandamp said:
I don't see any Physical Chemistry in there so should be a piece of cake ;) .

A year of that stuff still gives me nightmares 8 years later!!
I had to take it at 7:30 AM. Somehow got a C+, even with the tequila hangovers. Ahhh! the good old days. Another problem was I had calc in my freshman year, and had forgotten it by my senior year when I actually needed to use it for P-chem.

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
algernon said:
I had to take it at 7:30 AM. Somehow got a C+, even with the tequila hangovers. Ahhh! the good old days. Another problem was I had calc in my freshman year, and had forgotten it by my senior year when I actually needed to use it for P-chem.
Shoot if all I needed was freshman calc for Pchem it would have been a snap. The FIRST semester of Pchem (thermo) was easy A-. The SECOND semester quantum mechanics was a bear with a tough old German who was probably buddies with Schroedinger himself. You haven't done calculus until you've done the Schroedinger equation as a triple integral in spherical coordinates! I got a 10 out of 100 on the first test. At least the mean was only a 30...Finished with a C+ too.

By the way, jaxvon is WCBN still any good? I was the chief announcer there way back in 82-83. Back then, it was about the best college radio station in the whole country. Arwulf taught me most of what I know about jazz (when I should have been studying PChem). I wonder how many albums he has now. He had about 50,000 back then. Go Blue.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Wow...funny you should mention WCBN. I just discovered it myself. They really play a lot of odd music, but they play everything else too, including old-timey jazz.

Arwulf is now working for a local NPR jazz station at Eastern, WEMU. He has his own radio show there called "The Sunday Best". I don't know what his collection is now, but I'm sure it's even bigger.

WCBN is now 88.3 and WEMU is 89.1

Anyway, you should listen to WEMU on the net to catch Arwulf. Great stuff.

GO BLUE!

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
WEMU was a great jazz station then but CBN always got higher ratings (actually got ratings!). It could be weird back then too. There was a guy Hairy Beanball who lived in a teepee for 18 months and one night played his recordings of crickets in the woods for four hours! Bryan Koniarz never played the same group twice for an entire semester. The PD Matt something worked at Schoolkids records (hope that's still there) on weekends and got paid in vinyl. I taped a lot of stuff at the station that is completely irreplaceable. I'll be back this fall to take my brother to his first bigtime football game. I haven't been back since 92. I'll have to give Arwulf a ring. :cool:

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Oh man...I can't wait for the season to start! Student tickets are such a deal too...

Schoolkids went out of business, but them came back to life as "Schoolkids: In Exile". They're currently operating out of the basement of The Bivouac on State St.

Maybe when you're in town we could have a little audioholic get together...? The Brown Jug is still around, and I'm sure you have plenty of memories there.

H

hopjohn

Full Audioholic
jaxvon I hope you enjoy your philosophy class. I found that be one of the more challenging classes in college because it is very difficult at times to ascertain some of the minute differences in certain philosophical viewpoints. Not to mention that I found most of them to be derivitives of common sense anyway, just with a fancier name. Sadly it seems, common sense is becoming more and more a rare commodity in this day and age, so maybe it will prove useful. I thought sociology was a much more beneficial class. So if you haven't taken it, it comes highly recommended.

C

Chris Reehl

Audiophyte
I don't post terribly often, but DAMN YOU ALL FOR MENTIONING PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY. I have to take pchem II with a pchem lab along with my ChE design class, ChE lab, Biotechnology I, and religion 2: death (which, ironically, is what I'll be wanting when I'm not in my other classes).

Oh well, at least I've finished organic chemistry

Buckle-meister

Audioholic Field Marshall
hopjohn said:
jaxvon I hope you enjoy your philosophy class...Sadly it seems, common sense is becoming more and more a rare commodity in this day and age...
Can common sense be taught? Or is that a philisophical question?! ;)

Regards

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis