Toy

Toy

Audioholic Intern
I used to have dual Polk PSW10 and recently I’ve ask about buying a amp for my Marantz but the guys here recommended to use that money and buy new subs, like the PB-2000 or PB-3000.

But I went ahead and purchased the Dual SB-2000 PROs... and let me tell ya, holy s*** what a difference, I’ve re-watched some movies I like and wow totally different feel, literally different movie every time. I don’t know if it’s a placebo effect but it feels like all my speakers disappeared. Like Wow. Especially watching A Quite Place (4k disc).

The guys on this forum recommend those other ones but I honestly just went with what would fit in my living room space, and maybe I’ll take advantage of SVS upgrade policy to the Dual SB-3000. But definitely I would recommend SVS coming out from an entree level Sub.

And for those wanting to know the setting I have my speakers and subs. It’s 75db on all channels and the subs at 72-76db each with both subs running together of 80-85db perfect for my room.

Thanks guys for the recommendation!

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Excellent news, I just got one PB 2000 pro yesterday and I'm still figuring things out. I know it's a great sub, I can tell but I just need to unleash it settings wise. Do you use the app? What do you have he actual volume on? I had to put it to -18 to get it to 75db for Audyssey to do is thing. I'm just a little confused at the moment with what to settings wise.
I'm glad it's amazing for you though and changed your whole HT. That's awesome, I'll get there, just need to figure things out.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
This is awesome. I’m glad you took whatever advice to get you there. So many times people are resistant to new subs since they have boom in the room already. Now. It’s your duty to carry the torch and inform all other beings about high quality bass.
Oh. Congratulations!

Toy

Toy

Audioholic Intern
Excellent news, I just got one PB 2000 pro yesterday and I'm still figuring things out. I know it's a great sub, I can tell but I just need to unleash it settings wise. Do you use the app? What do you have he actual volume on? I had to put it to -18 to get it to 75db for Audyssey to do is thing. I'm just a little confused at the moment with what to settings wise.
I'm glad it's amazing for you though and changed your whole HT. That's awesome, I'll get there, just need to figure things out.

yes I did us the SVS app.

**but in my case I had to have SVS app on a different device because I couldn’t use the Audyssey app at the same time with the SVS app. But if you don’t have a receiver that uses the Audyssey app then scratch everything I said in this section.**

First. what I did was run Audyssey. In the SVS quick guide it said to leave it at -10. Then in my case it was too loud. The L sub is at -17 and the R sub at -22. The once I did all 8 positions I went thru and all my channels and adjusted the distance all my channels except the SVS Subs (this is what worked well for me) then after I was done with the distances I made sure my volume scale was at “-79.5 dB - 18.0 dB” so when I ran the test tone I can set my AVR to 0db and from there I ran all my channels at 75db but of course you can’t get the subs to be exactly at 75 so it fluctuates between 72-76ish but if your AVR doesn’t have separate independent sub connections for two then I would turn off one and vice versa.

I hope this helps.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan

I use the app for both my SB 3000 and only sett the volume to -20 for one and -19 for the other, as well as giving each sub a name so I know which one I'm adjusting. Otherwise the other settings are to their default values. These subwoofer levels gives a trim around -10 in the receiver after running Audyssey.

One way to get to default values is to use the "reset" function in the app, in case you've been messing around and forgotten what you've done :) And then set the volume to correct value again.

If you later wanta to experiment with the PEQ that your subwoofer has, then the app is a must, especially if you have two of them.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
yes I did us the SVS app.

**but in my case I had to have SVS app on a different device because I couldn’t use the Audyssey app at the same time with the SVS app. But if you don’t have a receiver that uses the Audyssey app then scratch everything I said in this section.**

First. what I did was run Audyssey. In the SVS quick guide it said to leave it at -10. Then in my case it was too loud. The L sub is at -17 and the R sub at -22. The once I did all 8 positions I went thru and all my channels and adjusted the distance all my channels except the SVS Subs (this is what worked well for me) then after I was done with the distances I made sure my volume scale was at “-79.5 dB - 18.0 dB” so when I ran the test tone I can set my AVR to 0db and from there I ran all my channels at 75db but of course you can’t get the subs to be exactly at 75 so it fluctuates between 72-76ish but if your AVR doesn’t have separate independent sub connections for two then I would turn off one and vice versa.

I hope this helps.
Good point about independent sw outputs. My Denon has XT32 with independent SW outputs.

Toy

Toy

Audioholic Intern

I also forgot to mention make sure when audyssey is running and it asks you to adjust the volume on it, make sure you save it cause if you don’t it will default back to -10.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I use the app for both my SB 3000 and only sett the volume to -20 for one and -19 for the other, as well as giving each sub a name so I know which one I'm adjusting. Otherwise the other settings are to their default values. These subwoofer levels gives a trim around -10 in the receiver after running Audyssey.

One way to get to default values is to use the "reset" function in the app, in case you've been messing around and forgotten what you've done :) And then set the volume to correct value again.

If you later wanta to experiment with the PEQ that your subwoofer has, then the app is a must, especially if you have two of them.
Oh good points guys, thanks for the help. I'm gonna experiment when I get home with all the info from you guys.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Curious, if ported subs were recommended why did you get the sealed ones?

Regardless, even the SBs are likely a huge step up from what you had. Glad to know it met or exceeded your expectations!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The guys on this forum recommend those other ones but I honestly just went with what would fit in my living room space, and maybe I’ll take advantage of SVS upgrade policy to the Dual SB-3000. But definitely I would recommend SVS coming out from an entree level Sub.
If you trade up to anything I'd recommend going with a PB2000 pro, or even the PB3000 pro.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis