Saving Private Ryan

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Watched the BD last night for the first time in several years. I'd forgotten how dynamic and visceral the soundtrack is. Hard-hitting on an emotional level, as well.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Watched the BD last night for the first time in several years. I'd forgotten how dynamic and visceral the soundtrack is. Hard-hitting on an emotional level, as well.
The DTS soundtrack one? I like that one! :)

I see they now also have a UHD one in Dolby Atmos out too.

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
Saw that one in the theater on opening day. Saving Private Ryan stands out to me as being one of the earliest movies I remember that implemented surround sound as effectively as it did. Top notch DTS track for sure and I remember the DVD audio track being a wonderful transfer, much like Master and Commander! Time for me to revisit this one.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Me either, I can do up to 7.2 on my Yamaha TSR - 7790 but no Atmos or DTS - X. It’s getting really hard to Justify upgrading my AVR that’s performing flawlessly.

Mike
Well my old RXV3300 I hear from my buddy is still running in his lounge setup. That’s a 2003 Yamaha. I told him he can give her a sweet 16 party next year if it makes it that far. LOL. :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I actually saw Saving Private Ryan remastered in ATMOS.

I wasn't very impressed. It probably sounds a little better than the original BD version.

I don't think it sounds as good as even "Dunkirk" in DTSHD-MA up-mixed with DTSNX.

I think in terms of action war scenes, "Hacksaw Ridge" in ATMOS sounds better than "Saving Private Ryan".

Now in terms of plot/story, Saving Private Ryan may still come out on top. But the soundtrack sounds dated compared to many new ATMOS blu-rays. :D

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I actually saw Saving Private Ryan remastered in ATMOS.

I wasn't very impressed. It probably sounds a little better than the original BD version.

I don't think it sounds as good as even "Dunkirk" in DTSHD-MA up-mixed with DTSNX.

I think in terms of action war scenes, "Hacksaw Ridge" in ATMOS sounds better than "Saving Private Ryan".

Now in terms of plot/story, Saving Private Ryan may still come out on top. But the soundtrack sounds dated compared to many new ATMOS blu-rays. :D
Agreed. I have the Atmos version as well and didn't notice anything over the regular mix. Still sounds awesome though.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
How does the picture look in UHD though? Is it a huge improvement?
I only watched portions of it on my 1080p projector. I'll have to check on one of my 4k tvs to see, but from what I could tell it looked about the same as my regular BD.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis