G

GIOHT

Audiophyte
In my main room i have sapphire st2 with a sapphire center and in the rear i have mirage omni50 with a velodyne cht-8 sub , i am looking to complete the system with either of the 2 but have not desided . maybe another pair of omni50 for the front and then the higher end center( omc ) with a nanosat center rear ( rearcenter needs to be small) . Or sapphire rears( 500 bucks) and then no 6th channel because all the sapphire are to big or maybe nanostat ?I like the st2 they kickass with 2 channel music and look great and they are biwire sound verygood and the mirage bookshelf realy kick *** as rear channel right now i hooked them up to the mains ( no biwire) and sound great but not much bass the st2 have a side firing 10 inch .No need replacing the sub the cht-8 does the job and then some . I am new to this is is has become a healthy habit . any ideas / whats sapphire future like? does anyone have sapphire ? mirage ? :D

J

JJMP50

Full Audioholic
I can't speak to the Sapphire's because I have never had any experience with them. I am using a pair of Mirage Microsats for my rears in my basement system and I am pleased (after you get used to the omnipole design: they scatter the sound a little). That being said, I originally purchased these for my main system and I was not that happy. They have no bottom at all. I bought them to upgrade from some older JBL 500 bookshelves I had for my rears. I'm still using the JBL's in my main system.

The base problem is not as noticable in my basement because it is a very small area (8' x 10' with a low suspended ceiling) and the microsats are ceiling mounted. For that system I'm using an Athena sub and center with a pair of Mirage FRx1s for mains (love them).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis