Sanyo PLV-Z4 3LCD Projector Reviewed

krabapple

krabapple

Banned
krabapple said:
absent a response, a tentative guess -- L1 = HDMI connection; the other is component? Am I getting warmer?
no , wait, maybe L1 is moving images and L2 is still photos. But that doesn't explain why there are duplicate sets of L1 headers in the review, with different test values. Different inputs?

I suppose I'll get it eventually. Not getting any answers just makes it more fun.

So why not ask a few more --
I now have the HQV test disc, and want to compare varioous modes of my player and projector. Does turning off 'progressive' (i.e. deinterlacing) in the Sanyo also turn off (up)scaling? Or does it still (up)scale an interlaced DVD input? If you feed it a progressive (420p) DVD input via component, is there a way to turn off upscaling to 720p in the projector (or does upscaling only happen with HDMI input)? And what is the 'native' resolution of the Sanyo anyway?

Scott-Rex

Audiophyte
PLV-Z4 Review

Just wondering how the PLV-Z5 would stack up to the Panasonic PT-AX100U. Does the Z5 improve as much over the Z4 comparing to the level of improvement from the 900 to the 100?

Thanks for all the great information.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis