Sanyo PLC-HF15000L Large Venue Projector Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Sanyo North America Corporation announced today a new professional projector with an extraordinary brightness of 15,000 ANSI Lumens that is unmatched by other projectors in its class. The PLC-HF15000L utilizes Sanyo's exclusive QuaDrive technology to produce superior color accuracy with a very wide color gamut, providing Real 2K digital cinema performance that exceeds Full HD requirements at 2048 x 1080 resolution. Designed for the mid to large venue presentation, staging and digital signage markets, the PLC-HF15000L (lens sold separately) is scheduled for release in December 2010, with an MSRP of $44,995.

Discuss "Sanyo PLC-HF15000L Large Venue Projector Preview" here. Read the article.

smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
Wow - that's one bright projector! Wonder how many "Audioholics" will really be interested in that.

You could probably light cigars a few feet from the lens :eek:

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I'm a huge fan of the Sanyo projectors for the commercial environment, but almost all the larger and nicer venues have started to move to Digital Projection as their standard. The high end 3-Chip DLP models from them tend to be about twice as much for similar specifications, but typically when you have a need for 15,000 lumens, it's because the screen is in a $1,000,000+ facility, and they want that real added quality of 3-chip DLP vs. LCD.

Not exactly a home use product unless you don't have good light control in your theater, and DO have a dedicated projection room. I installed their older PLV-WF10 which was a 1365x768 projector into a room about a year ago and the fan noise on that sucker was ridiculous in the room. Very distracting and unwanted.

We just had a room that called for the WF20 (an upgraded WF10) which I changed out for a Sanyo 1080p model, but then changed to a Digital Projection model. The difference in noise output was truly remarkable as the DP is barely audible in the room.

As well, the 6,000 lumens delivered on a 100" 16:9 screen was completely pointless. With a 1,500 watt halogen light shining on the screen we still had a perfectly usable image. It was ludicrous! We dropped it into single lamp mode and it is more 'typical' for that size of screen in that environment, but I would happily use DP again as I continue to use Sanyo.

Unfortunately, the world is moving away from projection in the commercial environment in favor of large format flat panels.

Still want to install a 150" Panasonic. That sucker is inspiring to see.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Still want to install a 150" Panasonic. That sucker is inspiring to see.
Careful what you wish for! How much does that thing weigh, how many people will it take, and just how much reinforcement does the wall need if you wall mount it? I hope stairs aren't involved. You won't get that in any typical elevator, not that the elevator would even be spec'd for the gross weight in there. :D

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Careful what you wish for! How much does that thing weigh, how many people will it take, and just how much reinforcement does the wall need if you wall mount it? I hope stairs aren't involved. You won't get that in any typical elevator, not that the elevator would even be spec'd for the gross weight in there. :D
Well, I think we've got a couple of the 103" models which are on the books to go in next year, so I figure it is only a matter of time... mostly the time it will take to actually have Panasonic add it to their website.

Strangely, certain companies will knock out walls or build very special things to get some specialty items in place. More often this goes in lobbies of very high profile businesses.

Probably 800 pounds I expect.

On the PLUS SIDE... I wouldn't have to install it, but just would be the engineer making sure it all works properly. ;)

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I think it will be over 800 lbs. :eek: The 103" has a listed approximate weight of 474 lbs, and 150" is well more than double the size. If it were* truly proportionate in terms of weight, it would be over 1,005 lbs. I've checked out the 103" before, even took a couple of photos including the back with all the fan vents . . . I suppose with a 150", there would be even more serious cooling implementations . . .

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Still, it will be awesome in my family room.

Just saying.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis