Samsung LN52B550 vs Panasonic Viera TH-50PZ800U?

S

smitty78

Audioholic Intern
if you go the lcd way you should seriously consider the toshiba regza full led matrix with local dimming...you will have better PQ then the samsungs or pannys..look at the link that daleAV posted above..honestly with the right settings this tv looks like a plasma..you can adjust brighness...backlight and dynamic contrast too...so people who think that lcds are just too bright and are only good in a very bright room are just not well informed...i watch movies and tv programs at night and the tv just look has better then any plasmas exept for the kuros wich i think is the top that plasmas will ever be..panasonic wont produce better plasmas then the kuros never!...i think the future is for full matrix led lcds and oled wich sony is producing right now but the pricing will be crazy so!...

I thought maybe I misread your post so I looked back and realized I wasn't crazy. lol

You did seem to suggest that it wasn't as good as a plasma but then you went on to say some dyslexic stuff about it looking better than any plasma except for the Kuro in the last sentence I highlighted. That's a pretty loose statement, don't you think? Maybe I did read it wrong, it is possible.

I'm not trying to go back and forth with you but you do keep qouting my posts as if you want to argue your point, so I just figured I'd quote you back. Next time, back up your statements with some valid proof or at least some reviews from well respected sources instead of your bias opinion. How does that help this poster? He/she can get that from reading BestBuy customer reviews. You can reccommend your LED LCD to others without putting down other models... not everyone has the luxury of spending more than $2500 for a 50" + display. Honestly, even if you do, then there are better options than LED right now. That was my whole point.

C

clouso

Banned
see what people saw and tought about it on that valueelectronics shoot out and you will see im not the only one to state that this toshiba have better blacks and all the rest... i love it and i dont regret that purchase!

S

smitty78

Audioholic Intern
Again, you missed my point while you were too busy trying to make yours.

After researching your TV I see it is one of the less expensive LED @ $2200 for a 55 class. They do get good ratings for the black levels but they still suffer from blooming and backlight issues just like the more expensive LED LCDs. For the same price you could get the 54" Panny V10 or you could look into the Kuro 500M if you didn't mind it being 50". I'd even reccomend a Sammy plasma as well or the Panny g10 (even cheaper but still rocks!) Much better choices if you have the enviroment for plasma...which the person that started this thread obviously does now that they mentioned looking into a plasma instead. I guess my work is done here. Another victory for plasma. :D

I personally don't see any excuse for buying a LED...even if it was going outside, but that's just my own opinion and we all know about opinions......

C

clouso

Banned
i didnt want plasma cause it is like a heater in summer and i have a lot of light here where the plasma sux too and also plasma are too heavy and much harder too move....im done too..:)

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
i didnt want plasma cause it is like a heater in summer and i have a lot of light here where the plasma sux too and also plasma are too heavy and much harder too move....im done too..:)

Thank you for stopping.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis