Samsung LN46A650 or Sony KDL-46Z4100

K

kage

Enthusiast
I can't decide between the Samsung LN46A650 and the Sony KDL-46Z4100. Please help decide on one of them.

ratso

ratso

Full Audioholic
not sure about sony, but the samsung has a tremendous amount of user controls built in for gamma, greyscale, and color management so if you're into such a thing you can pretty much dial in a perfect picture.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
not sure about sony, but the samsung has a tremendous amount of user controls built in for gamma, greyscale, and color management so if you're into such a thing you can pretty much dial in a perfect picture.
Id give the node on the sammys also, just remember just because you have the ability to adjust the referenced "controls" doesnt always mean that the end result will be "perfect" or that the set has the ability to display high/full resolution under allconditions.:)

B

Bugbitten

Audioholic
To my eye the Samsung has a little sharper picture, but I don't care for the highly reflective screen of the Samsung. Maybe the anti-glare glass of the Sony affects the sharpness.

I have a plasma in the house and that taught me a lesson about refection.

If that's an issue for you, chose the Sony.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Well I think I spoke to soon, :eek:

The sony passed both the deinterlace and 3/2 pulldown, the sammy only the deinterlace and the sony has a static resolution of 1080 motion 600 to the sammys 1050 static / 580 motion

D

doyall

Audiophyte
(Lurked awhile but just registered.)

I'm pondering the same question as the OP. Anyone else with any thoughts?

TheFactor

TheFactor

Audioholic Field Marshall
One Vote for the sammy, I just bought a 40 inch for my room and I think im in love. The Colors are so vibrant and im just running a coaxial cable wright now and the picture is absolutely stunning wright out of the box . I cant even imagine when I run a hdmi and a blu-ray player :D

D

doyall

Audiophyte
After reading several reviews/tests I plan on going with the Samsung 650 series. My only concern is that one tester (HD Guru) suggests (as does bandphan) that the 650 (along with most HD Guru tested) fails the 2:3 pulldown test. Perhaps this is only a concern with Blu Ray?

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Imo if its the the 650 series or less the Sony has the edge, after that imo the sammys have better color accuracy. As for the 3/2 all film based material will have the issues (dont get me wrong all alot of displays fail this test). There are only a hand full of displays that excell in all aspects and most will cost you.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis