Samsung Ks9800 hdr10 + Dolby vision firmware update?

L

Laker8/24

Audiophyte
Hey guy I was in the market for a brand new 4K player that supports hdr10 and Dolby vision but just realized that my 78KS9800 does not support neither. Does anybody have an idea if the ks models will get a firmware update to support both of these or is Samsung just a horrible company?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Did that model tv come with some sort of promise about such updates? Why would they necessarily be a "horrible company" if they don't update your tv to a spec they didn't offer? One of the risks of early adoption of "standards" I'd say.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Samsung is part of the HDR10 and HDR10+ crowd. They are not doing Dolby Vision like Sony.

I’m not sure what models get HDR10+ upgrades but all models of Samsung have HDR10.

Mine is a 2016 Samsung KS8000 65in. and I have just HDR10. I do get bug and stability firmware updates still but no new features at this point on my 2016.

L

Laker8/24

Audiophyte
Did that model tv come with some sort of promise about such updates? Why would they necessarily be a "horrible company" if they don't update your tv to a spec they didn't offer? One of the risks of early adoption of "standards" I'd say.
Well samsung had the HDR10+ firmware update as a official PR announcement on the Samsung website for a late-2017 release,however we have yet to see any progress towards achieving this promise. So I expected a firmware update with hdr10+. I purchased my TV early 2017 and payed nearly 10k for it. So if Samsung is not given us the firmware update I feel as they want us as consumers to upgrade our TVs to the new Q models. So that is why I said horrible company.

L

Laker8/24

Audiophyte
Samsung is part of the HDR10 and HDR10+ crowd. They are not doing Dolby Vision like Sony.

I’m not sure what models get HDR10+ upgrades but all models of Samsung have HDR10.

Mine is a 2016 Samsung KS8000 65in. and I have just HDR10. I do get bug and stability firmware updates still but no new features at this point on my 2016.
Okay thank you for the Enlightenment on the Dolby vision.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Well samsung had the HDR10+ firmware update as a official PR announcement on the Samsung website for a late-2017 release,however we have yet to see any progress towards achieving this promise. So I expected a firmware update with hdr10+. I purchased my TV early 2017 and payed nearly 10k for it. So if Samsung is not given us the firmware update I feel as they want us as consumers to upgrade our TVs to the new Q models. So that is why I said horrible company.
If they have made such promise why not contact them directly and ask about it? Ranting about it on forums wont give you the answer you are looking for.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
It does mention all 2017 models for HDR10+ (mine is 2016 so I don’t have it)
Maybe look at AVS forum and find a thread on your model series.

L

Laker8/24

Audiophyte
If they have made such promise why not contact them directly and ask about it? Ranting about it on forums wont give you the answer you are looking for.
Did so , all they said was , “we cannot speculate on the release of future updates”. So when I sent the actual link to the article that was posted on their website , I never got a reply and the post was took down.https://news.samsung.com/global/samsung-and-amazon-video-deliver-next-generation-hdr-video-experience-with-updated-open-standard-hdr10. As for your “Ranting” comment, can you please refresh my memory on what part I was ranting on?I thought this was a forums, a place where we can exchange views and ideas on different subjects....??? If you want to make a comment or shed some light on my post , I’m all for it , but save that smart mouth bs for your kids.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Did so , all they said was , “we cannot speculate on the release of future updates”. So when I sent the actual link to the article that was posted on their website , I never got a reply and the post was took down.https://news.samsung.com/global/samsung-and-amazon-video-deliver-next-generation-hdr-video-experience-with-updated-open-standard-hdr10. As for your “Ranting” comment, can you please refresh my memory on what part I was ranting on?I thought this was a forums, a place where we can exchange views and ideas on different subjects....??? If you want to make a comment or shed some light on my post , I’m all for it , but save that smart mouth bs for your kids.
or is Samsung just a horrible company?
So if Samsung is not given us the firmware update I feel as they want us as consumers to upgrade our TVs to the new Q models. So that is why I said horrible company.
These posts by you sounds like you are ranting about the company to me.

If the link you posted worked before it actually is quite odd that they have removed the page instead of giving answers even though your model is older model that has not included the support for it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis