Samsung HW-N950 Soundbar

E

Eagle2675

Audiophyte
I am looking to purchase the Samsung HW-N950 soundbar. I understand that HDMI arc can't give me true Dolby Atmos sound immersion but only Dolby Digital +. Can anyone confirm this? Is there a noticeable sound difference? Should I wait for earc?
Would appreciate input on this.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I am looking to purchase the Samsung HW-N950 soundbar. I understand that HDMI arc can't give me true Dolby Atmos sound immersion but only Dolby Digital +. Can anyone confirm this? Is there a noticeable sound difference? Should I wait for earc?
Would appreciate input on this.
You shouldn't worry about atoms with a soundbar regardless.

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
Actually I just bought this bar and it replaced my old bar. But I am really impressed with the wireless sub and rear speakers the sound really does go around you. Now my loft
Is not a large area so that really has to help.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If you're streaming then DD+ is the only way you'll get Atmos (and a lite version by several reports), if you're using a bluray you can get the actual Dolby Atmos goodness....but without ceiling speakers do you have Atmos at all?

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
Well they are using the bouncy up firing speaker method. Don’t get me wrong this would never take the place of my 11 speakers and 3 subs I have downstairs but it does add another dimension to watching hockey or playing atmos movies I’ve watched before and I don’t want to waste bulb life on my projector. It is 100 percent better than the regular speaker bar I had. The only draw back is price but I managed to talk Visions in Canada to give me the display( only one left) which they set up 2 weeks ago and gave me another 250 off the sale price

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis