J

jconde

Enthusiast
Having decided that this is the right TV to replace my Panasonic PT40LC1, I would like some feedback from other that own a 74 series samsung. Please share anything you like, both good and bad, before I plunk down $3200.

Jack

C

Cuteman

Audioholic Intern
6 Segment color wheel for better than average contrast compared to the previous 4663w model. Newer chip, i believe it wobbles faster to give you more coverage of pixels on a small chip :eek: .

Its a HELL of a lot more low profile on the edges than the previous model, not quite as deep. It costs about 500-600 more.

I think since its so low profile, a lot of people, especially women complain that it looks small. (fans of the crappy painted silver sony speakers on the sides?)

I think its pretty good, but you can get a 5663w for the same price, its the older one, but 10'' bigger.

Rex

Rex

Audioholic
well, I just bought the Lt-P266W and am really pleased with it. The first thing I noticed at the store was how much better the picture looked that the rest, including the Panasonic and Sharp. The next thing I liked was the framework designa and how nice it looked compared to the rest right down to the stand. We got it home and my wife and I though peoples heads were distorted, but it was probably the channel. DVD's are stunning and HD Channels are superb. A little steep for $2K, but who cares. Great quality.

C

Cuteman

Audioholic Intern
the Sony 22'' lcd also looks pretty damn good, but yes, that samsung is one of my favorites too. It and the sony. :D

Too bad it takes a proprietary mount that u can only get from samsung if u wanna hang it on the wall.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis