Samsung DVD-HD841 $80

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
MSRP $249

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0009MD8ZI/002-4623555-3271230?v=glance&s=electronics&vi=reviews

Enjoy quality viewing with the DVD-HD841 Progressive Scan DVD player with 1080i/720P Video Output.
Supports 720p/768p/1080i HD Level Picture Quality
DVI Output
DVD-Audio & SACD Playback
192KHz/24bit Audio DAC
6 Multichannel Audio Output
Playback of Digital Audio (MP3) and Digital Picture (JPEG) in CD-R/RW
Letter Box Eliminator (EZ View)
10-second Instant Replay / Instant Skip
DVD-Video/DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD+R/ DVD+RW/CD/CD-R/CD-RW/SVCD Playback

Product Description
Samsung's DVD-HD841 delivers scintillating video and audio performance at an eye-popping price. Between the unit's progressive-scan component-video and DVI digital-video outputs, sophisticated high-definition upconversion (from 480i/p DVD-Video to 720p, 768p, or 1080i, depending on your HDTV), and processing abilities for the audio-only SACD (Super Audio CD) and DVD-Audio formats, this player quite nearly does it all. Samsung's video upconversion technology eliminates visible scan lines and artifacts arising from interlaced video and the 3:2 pulldown process required to render film-based movies as NTSC video. The result: higher resolution from conventional sources and sharper images with few motion artifacts. The player's DVI digital-video output may be used for lossless video transmission between the player and compatible TVs and computer monitors.

Last edited by a moderator:

3beanlimit

Junior Audioholic
I helped a friend set one up. My only beef is with the bass managment. There doesn't seem to really be any. Maybe it's preset at 120 hz or something and without a gain control...dunno.

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
3beanlimit said:
I helped a friend set one up. My only beef is with the bass managment. There doesn't seem to really be any. Maybe it's preset at 120 hz or something and without a gain control...dunno.
I am curious, why would one do base management at the DVD level instead of with your receiver?

M

mfabien

Senior Audioholic
Nick250 said:
I am curious, why would one do base management at the DVD level instead of with your receiver?
Seeing that you are without an answer from one of the experts, I will give it a try...

I'm quite sure he's talking about bass management in Multi Channel operation (playing SACD or DVD-A) and not with digital connection to the a/v for DD or DTS audio. The crossover is dependent on the DVD player here and not the a/v. The other solution is to wire the sub (High Level) from the Front speakers and use the sub's crossover for bass frequencies.

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

P

pokeme5x

Enthusiast
What he posted was a Refurb... so I posted a refurb too. Also refurbs are just a case to case basis, sometimes its perfect sometimes its crap.

A

arevee

Junior Audioholic
its down to 60 bucks now...

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
arevee said:
Trust me there is a reason its down to 60.00 next will be 50.00 after that they will have to pay people to get it. I had 2 of them...
Nuff said.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
This is the exact unit SVS has in their demo room for cd's and music.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis