Samsung Class Action Investigation, Defective TVs

P

pkimrosenlegal

Audiophyte
I am an attorney with the Rosen Law Firm and we focus our practice on class actions and actions involving fraud.

We are conducting an investigation into reported allegations concerning a design defect in Samsung LCD, Plasma, and DLP televisions (the "TVs") that have caused the TVs to prematurely fail and causing the TVs to turn off and/or failing to turn off or on. Commentators on the internet have described this as the "clicking" issue or problem.

According to these allegations, Samsung has known of these problems as a result of an avalanche of consumer complaints posted on the internet, industry articles, and complaints taken at Samsung's consumer call centers.

According to the numerous consumer complaints posted on the web, many of these TV problems arise shortly after the expiration of the manufacturer's one year warranty as a result of the TV defects. Yet, Samsung represented in its marketing materials that "the average LCD life span is measured in hours and is usually in the tens of thousands of hours." Likewise, Samsung represented in its marketing that "the Samsung Plasma TVs will offer a life span of up to 100,000 hours under optimal conditions."

As a result of this adverse information, the Rosen Law Firm is preparing a class action lawsuit against Samsung on behalf of all persons who purchased new plasma, LCD, or DLP television manufactured, distributed or sold by Samsung under the Samsung brand name in the United States on or after October 1, 2004 to present, whose TV suffers from the design defect described above.

If you would like information about our proposed class action or your legal rights, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Phillip Kim, Esq.
The Rosen Law Firm, P.A.
275 Madison Avenue, Suite 3400
New York, New York 10016
Tel: (212) 686-1060
Fax: (2120 202-3827
pkim@rosenlegal.com

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Does this include those that purchased Insignia Plasma televisions that were manufactured by Samsung for Best Buy's Insignia brand?

Capt.Ron

Capt.Ron

Audioholic Intern
Is it just me or does anyone else find it appalling for an ambulance chaser to post his ad for a class action suite on our forum??:mad:

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Well unless you plan on suing samsung yourself, you may as well join in the class action fun if you were affected by these problems.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I am going to law school for my 2nd career. These guys make $$ no matter what side of the table they sit on.

Capt.Ron

Capt.Ron

Audioholic Intern
Well unless you plan on suing samsung yourself, you may as well join in the class action fun if you were affected by these problems.
Well in most every case I've seen, class actions result in a net gains for all of the lawyers, a major loss for the defendant and nothing to really speak of for the consumer.
In fact what ends up happening is "Joe Consumer" pays more in the end because of the increased cost to the company being sued. They will just dump that cost into future products and we end up paying for the attorneys fees and the mere stipend that the "plaintiffs" get.
It's a win/lose situation. The lawyers win and we lose!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
To the site admins

A lawyer fishing around for business feels very tacky/low class. Can posts like these be removed as it really detracts from the spirit of this site. If this is a legitamate case, there other avenues available to lawyers for this kind of thing. Its analogous to audio dealers posting here offering their services.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Agreed, if I was a site mod I would have deleted the thread.

W

waxey

Junior Audioholic
I compleatly agree with 3db this dose not belong on this forum or any others for that matter. Hopefully this will not happen again.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
am i the only one that loves class action?!
Down with the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*runs from sane people*
eyeeeheeeyeeehyeeyeeheyeeee
fufufu

I propose a class action lawsuit against The Rosen Law Firm; let`s hire The Rosen Law Firm and see what they can do for us against The Rosen Law Firm.

E

egreen1976

Junior Audioholic
Another perspective....

I semi agree with most of the negative sentiment but I own a Samsung LED (not affected I love it so far though 8500 series), but if it had been I would appreciate the information (even if $$$ motive behind it) for 2 reasons. 1st) Sometimes these class actions result in a repair or extension of warranty,

and 2) At times I wish the companies that have screwed me would be get there come up-ins!

Alas, I am an attorney also, not that your sentiments don't hold truth but we are the easies profession to bash. None of you are mad at the advertisers here for the same thing. Of course they pay for space but, hey, what's the advantage of being the lawyer if you can't figure a way to circumvent the system.

I am both disgusted and proud at the same time.

Capt.Ron

Capt.Ron

Audioholic Intern
None of you are mad at the advertisers here for the same thing. Of course they pay for space but, hey, what's the advantage of being the lawyer if you can't figure a way to circumvent the system.

I am both disgusted and proud at the same time.
Circumvent????
That's one of the reasons lawyers are bashed!!! always thought the point of being a lawyer was to provide your fellow man with a chance at justice. Never really thought cheating was the original intent. I don't want ANYONE to circumvent the system.
We all need to follow rules and work within the system!! What ever that system may be.
Definition of CIRCUMVENT
a : to hem in
b : to make a circuit around
: to manage to get around especially by ingenuity or stratagem

Examples of CIRCUMVENT

1. We circumvented the problem by using a different program.
2. He found a way to circumvent the law.
Not something I'd be proud of.:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis