Samsung atmos speakerbar

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
I picked up the Samsung HW-Q90R but for the life of me I cannot get atmos. I ran a HDMI to ARC on the bar and ARC HDMI 1 on the tv, then HDMI for my Blu-ray player and other things to the HDMI slots on the tv. but for some reason atmos will not light up. The tv is a Sony Bravia 3D tv and a Sony Blu-ray set to bitstream any help would be
Great!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I picked up the Samsung HW-Q90R but for the life of me I cannot get atmos. I ran a HDMI to ARC on the bar and ARC HDMI 1 on the tv, then HDMI for my Blu-ray player and other things to the HDMI slots on the tv. but for some reason atmos will not light up. The tv is a Sony Bravia 3D tv and a Sony Blu-ray set to bitstream any help would be
Great!
I'm not sure you can. I think you can only do what you want with eARC that is part of the 4K HDMI 2.2 set up. However I don't think this is any loss, as thinking you can get any sense of an ATMOS system from a soundbar is just a cruel joke. That is impossible.

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
A sound bar is just that a sound bar. I have a regular home theater with a projector but in my loft where the tv is it’s to small for big speakers. So I bought the new Samsung with wireless sub and rear speakers. Which replaced my old bar. And I gotta say I’m pretty impressed with the sound since I got Atmos to work

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
How do you get atmos with a soundbar bar..? Do you have speakers overhead?

Loudogp250

Loudogp250

Audiophyte
A sound bar is just that a sound bar. I have a regular home theater with a projector but in my loft where the tv is it’s to small for big speakers. So I bought the new Samsung with wireless sub and rear speakers. Which replaced my old bar. And I gotta say I’m pretty impressed with the sound since I got Atmos to work
Sounds like you figured it out. What did you do?

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
Sounds like you figured it out. What did you do?
Sorry it took so long to reply. I simply plugged the Blu-ray player and the WD box directly into the sound bar now a Atmos movie shows it’s in Atmos

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis