Samson Resolv 120a powered subwoofer?

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I was looking at this sub and was wondering what if anyone has heard it or used it. I would also like to know a little bit about Samson's reliability and quality control. I read the specs provided in the manual it states it goes down to 30hz, as apposed to what you would see looking at the ads on the internet saying 40hz.:rolleyes: You would think they would boast their specs correctly.

http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=88&brandID=2

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Only goes to 40Hz according to their literature???? Not much of a sub if you ask me.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Only goes to 40Hz according to their literature???? Not much of a sub if you ask me.
Read the manual's specs at the end of the manual, It says 30hz.;)

It has an adjustable crossover from 40hz to 200hz, I think maybe there was some confusion in marketing or something.:confused:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
30Hz is probably -6 or -10dB though...since they didn't indicate -3dB or not. On the page it listed it as 40Hz-180Hz. Manual took too long to load.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I will listen to the thing today and determine if it is worth anything.;)

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Nevermind, I finally got my properly repaired M&K back today. Now who needs little subs?:D

no. 5

no. 5

Audioholic Field Marshall
Nevermind, I finally got my properly repaired M&K back today. Now who needs little subs?:D
That's right! Man sized subs rule!. ;) :p good to hear that the M&K is working again. :) :cool:

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
That's right! Man sized subs rule!. ;) :p good to hear that the M&K is working again. :) :cool:
Thank God it is, I was sick of the piddly AR 8" sub (it does a decent job I guess), of course it doesn't touch the likes of the 80 LB. Monster.

no. 5

no. 5

Audioholic Field Marshall
Thank God it is, I was sick of the piddly AR 8" sub (it does a decent job I guess), of course it doesn't touch the likes of the 80 LB. Monster.
80lbs??! :eek: I'm guessing you don't mess around much with repositioning it? :p

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
80lbs??! :eek: I'm guessing you don't mess around much with repositioning it? :p
I kinda have to move it around. It is moderately difficult to place. It doesn't have a phase control and is prone to sound bad if placed to close to walls. It is sort of picky. But, it is not fun to move, or carry up the stairs to my apartment. It is a small price to pay for quality bass.:D

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Now that's the mark of a true enthusiast. :D
Yes, I live in an apartment building with thin walls and I have a huge sub that I hate to move, but will to maximize performance and annoyance factors.:D

Y

yewTKD

Audiophyte
I own this sub it’s retail was around $200 if you ever seen and heard the klh asw10-125c subwoofer they look a lot alike and sound similar it isn’t meant for larger spaces but for medium spaces this sub will be great it surprisingly powerful for a 120watt subwoofer not the best sounding but is the best bang for buck in my opinion.

Last edited:
Y

yewTKD

Audiophyte
There are clearly much better subs out their this Samson sub for a $200 sub you wouldn’t think it is but since you probably have listened to subs in a much higher caliber their wouldn’t be any need to state an opinion on this sub otherwise my opinion on this sub it’s ok it is on the weaker side where I did find myself wanting a bit more. But for a $200 120 watt sub it’s a little powerhouse.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
There are clearly much better subs out their this Samson sub for a $200 sub you wouldn’t think it is but since you probably have listened to subs in a much higher caliber their wouldn’t be any need to state an opinion on this sub otherwise my opinion on this sub it’s ok it is on the weaker side where I did find myself wanting a bit more. But for a $200 120 watt sub it’s a little powerhouse.
It's a rather pointless discussion. Samson only makes pro audio equipment now and does not list any subwoofers on their web site. The original post is 16 years old and you would be lucky to get more than 16 years out of a cheap subwoofer. At that age it certainly wouldn't be worth anything on the used market when there are much better budget subs out there with a manufacturer's warranty.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Well you’re right. I didn’t need to comment but sometimes I speak before I think. Lol

Y

yewTKD

Audiophyte
Yes I did reply 16 years or so later but may I ask what budget subs are you relating to because you are wrong about how long this sub can last a friend of mine has a klh Asw10-125c and it’s basically around the same age his sub is still going strong I had another budget sub that this sub actually comes close to its performance I had a bic formula f12 400 watt sub and my Samson sub is still going strong and despite its 120 watt power rating its near the performance of the bic and my friends klh sub same power as the Samson basically shames the bic f12 power as the Samson does too.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis