Salk Song 3 Towers Speakers Preview

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
A beautifully crafted 3-way tower with 33Hz extension from Salk Sound, the Song 3 looks to be quite a bargain. A papyrus fiber cone woofer, bamboo mid and RAAL tweeter all come together in the Song 3 for a sound which could match the quality of other speakers at AXPONA that were many times more expensive.

Check out these beauties if you dare!

Read: Salk Song 3 Towers Speakers Preview

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I heard them at Axpona among other models by Salk, they really deliver amazing sound quality for the dollar. I would be easily be a top pick at that price point.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Whoa...anybody check out the price on those cables....lol. Yeah I read the review....congrats to JSalk

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Must be an older picture of that single speaker in the write-up as it has an $1895 ticket. ;)

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
It's written that Salk Song 3 is ported, did he go away from the transmission line loading?

Alexandre

Alexandre

Audioholic
What I am really curious about is those sweet looking cable elevators! Maybe we should have an audioholics AXPONA 16 Cable Elevator review – or is it too late for April's fools?

Sugarbear

Sugarbear

Junior Audioholic
What I am really curious about is those sweet looking cable elevators! Maybe we should have an audioholics AXPONA 16 Cable Elevator review – or is it too late for April's fools?
Yup... The cable elevators make me doubt everything else.

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
Yup... The cable elevators make me doubt everything else.
I can assure you the speakers were developed without the aid of elevators, other than the accumulated dog hair on my carpet. And the prototype wire was from Parts Express.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I can assure you the speakers were developed without the aid of elevators, other than the accumulated dog hair on my carpet. And the prototype wire was from Parts Express.
Even the most irrational audiophiles agree that dog hair-coated PVC-insulated copper wire makes better sounding speaker wire than Teflon-insulated silver.

I

ichigo

Full Audioholic
Interesting. So this would make it essentially a direct Home Theater competitor to the Ascend Sierra RAAL Tower? Since the original SC Songtower was an MTM, making it more suited for music, whereas this would be a true 3 way and have a much wider sound field.

Alexandre

Alexandre

Audioholic
Even the most irrational audiophiles agree that dog hair-coated PVC-insulated copper wire makes better sounding speaker wire than Teflon-insulated silver.
I would like to see the waterfall graphs!!

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I would like to see the waterfall graphs!!
Waterfall graphs comparing speaker wire performance require speakers so an acoustic measurement could be made. If the speaker performance could somehow be subtracted out, the graphs of different wire performances would all be flat. Unless you believe the world is flat :D.

In all seriousness, these speakers themselves are much more interesting than kidding about speaker wire :). They deliver more bass than I expect while in a smallish cabinet. The mid range driver covers most of the primary tones, apparently without stress, all while delivering wide dispersion. They are very attractive, especially at that price.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
I know this is an old thread but anyone know how these compare to the Ascend RAAL towers? Or heard both?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis