Salamander Designs Synergy model question

T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
I decided to go with one of the Salamander Synergy 337 cabinet/racks to replace our prior cabinet. My screen will be wall mounted, but my center speaker will sit on top and I'll have a Yamaha 3080 inside. I realize that I'll have to leave the back panel off for the Yamaha to fit depth wise, but I'm wondering if anyone has this cabinet and can tell me if the Extended Active Cooling Rear panels help more than just having the back panel removed? Thank you.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So do you have the option of retaining the active cooling (which I assume means fans but don't see any specifics about such) and still fit the 3080/wiring comfortably? It wouldn't seem so looking at the depth of the 3080 vs that cabinet's outside width, let alone inside depth....

FWIW I have an avr on a 19.5" deep shelf and with wiring/fire stick still sticks somewhat out beyond the shelf. Do they have a wider unit?

T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
So do you have the option of retaining the active cooling (which I assume means fans but don't see any specifics about such) and still fit the 3080/wiring comfortably? It wouldn't seem so looking at the depth of the 3080 vs that cabinet's outside width, let alone inside depth....

FWIW I have an avr on a 19.5" deep shelf and with wiring/fire stick still sticks somewhat out beyond the shelf. Do they have a wider unit?

Thanks. The shelf is 18" with the back on. The replacement cooling back extends that out 3.5" apparently. So 21.5" deep apparently. The Yammy 3080 is a big boy that shows 18-5/8" with wifi antenna. If the measurements are all true it leaves 3" behind for cables which will be tight but should work I'm thinking. Guess I could consider making a wood spacer if truly needed to gain another 3/4" to 1.5" of space, depending on how the backing fastens on. Looks like T-slots in the pictures, so should be easy enough if needed. The cooler panel has a wired thermometer to put on top of the amp itself.

In the absence of an earlier response, I went ahead and ordered one with the shelf unit to try. The model I'm getting is the one that is around 31" tall x 66" wide. It has 3 sections/doors.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks. The shelf is 18" with the back on. The replacement cooling back extends that out 3.5" apparently. So 21.5" deep apparently. The Yammy 3080 is a big boy that shows 18-5/8" with wifi antenna. If the measurements are all true it leaves 3" behind for cables which will be tight but should work I'm thinking. Guess I could consider making a wood spacer if truly needed to gain another 3/4" to 1.5" of space, depending on how the backing fastens on. Looks like T-slots in the pictures, so should be easy enough if needed. The cooler panel has a wired thermometer to put on top of the amp itself.

In the absence of an earlier response, I went ahead and ordered one with the shelf unit to try. The model I'm getting is the one that is around 31" tall x 66" wide. It has 3 sections/doors.
I kept clicking on the see accessories button for the cabinet, hoping to see details about the active cooling, but it just kept looping back to the same page....that extra width sounds like it could do it. Good luck!

T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
I kept clicking on the see accessories button for the cabinet, hoping to see details about the active cooling, but it just kept looping back to the same page....that extra width sounds like it could do it. Good luck!
I'm hoping so. Thanks.

I looked at the Sonoma model 337 but not only is it $1k more, it isn't modular like the Synergy line. I like the fact that down the road I could reconfigure the Synergy 337 into something else if desired to fit a new space one day. May never be necessary but it seems a nice feature. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis