SAG AFTRA Fail to Bilk Video Game Companies for Residuals

<P><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt"><FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><FONT size=2><EM>In what can be only described as a rare and dangerous form of common&nbsp;sense,</EM> Screen Actors Guild (SAG) and the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (AFTRA) announced this week that talks with video game producers for new Interactive Media Agreements have broken off, as the final proposal presented by the companies again failed to address the fundamental issue of "profit-sharing". <EM>This is actually quite similar to the Swahili use of the term "profit-sharing" translated 'weegatzdahavamoor' in which all of those who happen through hard work to become very profitable are suddenly forced to share with those who previously agree to be paid a lesser sum for their services. </EM>Unable to resist this ridiculous press release, Audioholics' Clint DeBoer "editorialized" it a bit to bring out the true meaning behind the SAG/AFTRA situation.</FONT></FONT></SPAN></P><P><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt"><FONT face=Arial size=2>[Read the Editorialized Press Release Parody]</FONT></SPAN></P>

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
You know what I like about you Clint? You're one big bag of bitter. And sarcasm. A big bag of bitter and sarcasm....and humor. One big funny bag of bitter and sarcasm...and…

And coming from a recovering videogameaholic, voice-over "acting" in the video games I used to play (can anyone say Resident Evil, "You, the master of lock picking...") was horrible at best and abysmal at worst. "Losing" the incredible talents of SAG members really won't do that much to hurt the game industry (hell, I'm surprised they even sat down at the negotiating table at all much less long enough to be noticed when they left). I’ve heard that voiceovers have improved in recent years, but if the video game industry wants to revert back to un-unionized actors, it won’t be the death of the industry. Good voiceover is a luxury in a game, not a necessity.

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
So angry......feel rant coming on...must struggle not to criticize lazy greedy parasite on soceity unwashed smelly "actors" that are faceless voices coiming out of the TV screen. Seriously, their arguement is "We had to sit there and read lines into a microphone a year ago. I need more money for that now" Has anyone ever seen the KIT Kat commercial where the male model is talking about how hard his job is? "Sometimes I have to make a sexy, pouty, face...", and so on.

If at my work I told my boss I wanted more money now for some insignifigant piece of work I did on a claim for an insurance company a year ago I'd be walking out of the building with all my posessions in a cardboard box, a sore butt from the kick out the door, and ringing ears from the laughter of my co-workers. Seriously, actors suck for the most part, no two ways about it! I've got two words for these lazy tools. Eat me!. I tell you what, put your nice little screen acors guild logo on the products of companies who comply with you're retarded demands/blackmail. That way I'll know whose product to boycott. Although I'll probably be able to tell simply by the savings on the box.

Seriously, where the heck do these lazy mooks get off making demands. They can be replaced by a smart parrot for god's sake, not to mention out of country labour or scabs. You talk for a living morons suck it up.

Whew, for a second there I thought I was going to rant.

Last edited:
HookedOnSound

HookedOnSound

Full Audioholic
Even if they agreed (both parties) to some kind of profit-sharing, how would it work? How are you going to prove that the actors voice actually impacted sales? It's not like movies/TV, video games are entirely different. You don't buy/rent a game because of the voice!

In my mind, I wouldn't give the actors 0.1% of 0.1% ;)

b_panther_g

b_panther_g

Audioholic
Of all the really good video games I've played, I don't remember the voice acting as the standout part of the game.

SAG, go hit up Hollywood for more money. Those guys seem to have endless amounts of cash to put into crappy movies. If anyone could spare a few million, it's them.

Enjoy,
Panther

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis