fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Sactionals Overview Video

Anyone in the market for a new couch, chair, sectional, or whatever should look at these. IMO, they are one of the sweetest pieces of furniture out there and someday I will own this stuff. I can't believe no one's thought of this before, complete genius.

majorloser

majorloser

Very cool idea.
I just wish the backs went higher behind the cushions. Not much support if you lean back.

Not cheap either.....

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Those would be awesome if I had a spare room for the extra pieces and the construction team.

:D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Yes for most people all the extra effort would be an issue since the vast majority of people just buy what they need for their space and leave it.

For me and much of my generation, we are the slouchers. Give us something long and low and we kinda pour ourselves into it :D. High backs not required.

I think one of the biggest pluses for me is the fact that all the covers come off and can be washed in the washing machine. No more expensive reupholstering or any of those shennanighens. If something should ever break on it, you go out and order another back or seat or maybe you another one lying around and you don't have to order an entire new piece of furniture.

Perfect? Definitely not. The future of furniture? I tend to agree :)

PS FWIW I think their expensive because buying a few pieces gives you hundreds of configurable options so your not just buying "one couch" or chair or livesseat, you can set something up and if you don't like it or your needs change 30 mins of shuffling gets you an entirely new layout without buying more furniture.

Sheesh I sound like a salesman:eek:

majorloser

majorloser

Being able to change the upholstery with just zippered covers is a nice idea.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
They do seem to offer more flexibility/configurability than others, but much of that has been done. I was looking at a sectional that had a number of options like that, except you start with the base "couch" that can't be reconfigured. I like the idea though, which is why I was looking at a setup like this.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I think I know what you're talking about when you say it's been done before, the idea of taking pieces and mix and matching to create different configurations, I've just never seen one where it comes apart quite so thoroughly.

I bet the other ones you were looking at couldn't have all the covers of everything come off to be washed or swapped :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I think I know what you're talking about when you say it's been done before, the idea of taking pieces and mix and matching to create different configurations, I've just never seen one where it comes apart quite so thoroughly.
Yes, that's what I was getting at: the one I was looking at was not nearly as flexible like using the same parts to expand it and make a chair, loveseat, couch, chase, etc... That's the cool part.

I bet the other ones you were looking at couldn't have all the covers of everything come off to be washed or swapped :D
:) Nope, just the cushions, not the whole thing.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Great idea! The 'design to function' approach makes the geek in me happy. I know my wife will love this because she needs to change (mostly rearrange) things every 6 months.

The marketing team failed on the pricing structure though. The cheapest armchair and ottoman was $1250 and for the cost of their "Top grain leather" option, someone could pick up an Eames Lounge Chair.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Very true, I have no idea how they sit, but if they sat as well as similarly priced couches and chairs I would probably buy these instead (application depending). Because if they sit as well, the flexibility trumps other couches, loveseats, and chairs IMO.

Plus I like the novelty of it and the come from nothing story :) I watched the guys entire 20 minute "about us" video. An impulsive kid who went from making a big bean bag chair in his garage to building this company, it's a nifty story if nothing else.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
DAMN! Take a look at those prices...twice the price of what I was looking at before.

Shock

Shock

Audioholic General
Pretty sure this guy just wanted to get all of us to type "lovesac" in our address bars......

Ya sicko!

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I suppose that's possible, but hey I'm obviously not the only sicko if you made that connection.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis