U

Unregistered

I own a POS for a TV (Sharp 27" that I bought 3 years ago for $200) I do not see myself able to upgrade for about 5 months. It has only one S video hookup and I have my DVD and Satellite both on S cable. My receiver is the Yamaha RX-V550. How can I put two S cables into the TV? It looks like I cannot do it by the receiver because it looks like I need seperate video and audiooutputs for the DVD and Satellite. Is there such a thing as a S cable splitter and is this my only option?

Az B

Az B

Audioholic
Radio Snack sells a little video switchbox that switches S-Video and I think it's like $20-40. There are more expensive versions out there with remotes and stuff.

Here's some ideas:

http://www.inday.com/index.html

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
Here is some help

Unregistered said:
I own a POS for a TV (Sharp 27" that I bought 3 years ago for $200) I do not see myself able to upgrade for about 5 months. It has only one S video hookup and I have my DVD and Satellite both on S cable. My receiver is the Yamaha RX-V550. How can I put two S cables into the TV? It looks like I cannot do it by the receiver because it looks like I need seperate video and audiooutputs for the DVD and Satellite. Is there such a thing as a S cable splitter and is this my only option?

You can do it through the reciever. Just take the S-Video from the SAT to Video 1 on the reciever, and the S-Video from the DVD to the Video 2 on the reciever and then take teh S-Video from the monitor out on the receiver to the TV. The Reciever will switch between the two when you select Video 1 or Video 2

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis