Rythmik Audio F25 Direct Servo Subwoofer First Look

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The Rythmik Audio F25 claims a frequency response down to 14Hz at just -2dB. That's pretty impressive (heck that's REALLY impressive). They do this through a combination of a tall, heavy box, huge drivers and technology. Servo technology to be specific. We're shocked to report that the Rythmik Audio F25 is only going to cost you $1300. While that may seem like a chunk of change to some, we DARE you to find a sub that claims the features and extension (much less servo) at anywhere close to that price. That's just crazy. It's so crazy, we just might buy two.

Discuss "Rythmik Audio F25 Direct Servo Subwoofer First Look" here. Read the article.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
When can we expect a review on that beast?

K

kevon27

Annoying Poster
Any chance of every seeing reviews of BIC and Premier Acoustics subs?

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
When can we expect a review on that beast?
I'd like to read a pro review as well. FWIW there is a user review in the Emo Lounge (forum). I posted a link in one of the subwoofer threads but can't find it now. What would also be fun is a side by side shootout between the FV15HP and F25 to see how they compare for both music and home theater. According to Rythmik the ported single driver sub has a 2db advantage over the dual driver sealed sub and a 9db advantage over their base model F12 while the F25 has a 7db advantage.

Last edited:
MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
This might be the giant killer sub. You guys got to review this.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I wanna know how it compares to the SVS PB-13 Ultra.

T

Tdekany

Junior Audioholic
The Rythmik Audio F25 claims a frequency response down to 14Hz at just -2dB. That's pretty impressive (heck that's REALLY impressive). They do this through a combination of a tall, heavy box, huge drivers and technology. Servo technology to be specific. We're shocked to report that the Rythmik Audio F25 is only going to cost you $1300. While that may seem like a chunk of change to some, we DARE you to find a sub that claims the features and extension (much less servo) at anywhere close to that price. That's just crazy. It's so crazy, we just might buy two.

Discuss "Rythmik Audio F25 Direct Servo Subwoofer First Look" here. Read the article.
Bass Extension 15 Hz, 0/-1 dB
HSU ULS 15? You asked. :D

T

templemaners

Senior Audioholic
I'd like to read a pro review as well. FWIW there is a user review in the Emo Lounge (forum). I posted a link in one of the subwoofer threads but can't find it now. What would also be fun is a side by side shootout between the FV15HP and F25 to see how they compare for both music and home theater. According to Rythmik the ported single driver sub has a 2db advantage over the dual driver sealed sub and a 9db advantage over their base model F12 while the F25 has a 7db advantage.
Is this the thread you're talking about?

http://emotivalounge.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=subwoofeers&action=display&thread=15240

R

Rythmik

Enthusiast
Yes. Mike is local. He lives in San Antonio. While he praised F25 for music (over PB13), he still prefers the sound of PB13 for movies. But our sound characteristic is not gonna change because of playback material. The reason our F25 sounded so good for music is because our sound is very articulate with very little overhang. And that does not go well if he still prefers the sound with a lot of overhang for movies. Now he likes to try FV15HP. Hopefully that will strike the correct balance for him. For me, I'd like to hear special effect with detail. For instance, for an explosion, I still like to hear the clarify of after shock, not just a long boom. That is what these subs will do. They are not for everyone. But for those who want clarify and articulation, these subs are, IMHO, just right.

Last edited:
sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
That's it. His verdict is deeeeeeep in the thread.

Yes. Mike is local. He lives in San Antonio. While he praised F25 for music (over PB13), he still prefers the sound of PB13 for movies. But our sound characteristic is not gonna change because of playback material. The reason our F25 sounded so good for music is because our sound is very articulate with very little overhang. And that does not go well if he still prefers the sound with a lot of overhang for movies. Now he likes to try FV15HP. Hopefully that will strike the correct balance for him. For me, I'd like to hear special effect with detail. For instance, for an explosion, I still like to hear the clarify of after shock, not just a long boom. That is what these subs will do. They are not for everyone. But for those who want clarify and articulation, these subs are, IMHO, just right.
These are both on my list of possibilities for my next upgrade and I'd love to see this site do an in depth real world (not benchmark) comparison. A comparison that covers music and action movies. I love sealed subs for music but have never heard one that didn't sound a bit compressed during action movies or could produce an explosion with authority. I'll defer to your expertise but I think it goes beyond overhang and into a boom or thud sounding like a BOOM! or THUD! instead of a boom or thud. I haven't heard either but since I'm 50:50 movies and music like the emo reviewer a FV15HP (or two) seems like it would be a good compromise.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
That's it. His verdict is deeeeeeep in the thread.

These are both on my list of possibilities for my next upgrade and I'd love to see this site do an in depth real world (not benchmark) comparison. A comparison that covers music and action movies. I love sealed subs for music but have never heard one that didn't sound a bit compressed during action movies or could produce an explosion with authority. I'll defer to your expertise but I think it goes beyond overhang and into a boom or thud sounding like a BOOM! or THUD! instead of a boom or thud. I haven't heard either but since I'm 50:50 movies and music like the emo reviewer a FV15HP (or two) seems like it would be a good compromise.
I LOVE my Rythmik 12". It's great for music and I think it does really well for HT. Often times when I am playing video games or watching a movie that doesn't have the utmost in sonic impact, I'll just use my Rythmik. Now when I'm watching demo type audio I will of course turn on my 15" because it gives me that extra little bit down low that my 12" can't reach. But I'd say my Rythmik gives me about 85% of the impact that my 15" does.

S

scott911

Full Audioholic
what about adding a transducer to get the best of both worlds?

Like many, I have one room / one system, for music and HT...

I know I value music reproduction over special effects - so, from what I've read, that would tend to mean a sealed sub for me.

I wonder if an ecominical solution for HT effects is a transducer (butt kicker). Pretty affordable brands offered at parts express that will literally let you feel the explosion when wathcing the latest actin hero type flick - but not force you to compromise the musicality of the subwoofer.

Does that make sense, or am I off base with this notion/.

C

cantonguy

Junior Audioholic
So would this be a better option than 2 F15's without factoring in cost?

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
why is this so freakin affordable? what's shipping on these to CA?

Last edited:
Matt34

Matt34

why is this so freakin affordable? what's shipping on these to CA?
It uses lighter, more sensitive drivers that have less X-max than the FV15 or F15. That is why it can get away with a 600w amp.

R

Rythmik

Enthusiast
Go to the website and look... $148.
If you have a loading dock in your company, this thing can ship within $100. The problem with DB Schenker is they start adding residential delivery, lift gate cost once it delivers to a residential address. BTW, this thing is just too heavy to ship via UPS. Someone told me Fedex freight is better. I may need to explore that option.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I wonder if one would fit in the back of my hyundai sonata...austin isn't that far :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis