mcwilson

mcwilson

Audioholic
Just got my son a Yamaha RX -V1500 for Christmas. He says that on the front panel display all input source indicators are lit. Instead of showing the input that is currently playing, all cursors are lit up. All he has is a SIRIUS satellite radio connected via RCA jacks to the MD/Tape input. No other sources are connected. Ever hear of this? The unit still works, but the display seems to be whacked. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Mark

B

BeerMe

Enthusiast
I would have thought the best person to ask would be at the place of purchase. If the product is faulty it should be replaced or fixed. It also could be something your son has done during set up.

crashguy

crashguy

Audioholic
One other thing you can try is to "reboot" the receiver. This usually involves turning it off, unplugging it, and holding down a button or two while it is being plugged back in. Check the manual. It is sometimes referred to as resetting or resetting to factory, or initializing. It'll be in the manual somewhere.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
All the input sources will always be lit. The active or selected source is the one with a red line beneath it.

mcwilson

mcwilson

Audioholic
Well, the problem seems to be a little bit more complex. All LEDs on the front panel are lit. DTS, Zone 1, Zone 2, ... Everything. The receiver still works, but the front panel seems zany. I'll be in touch with the dealer...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis