RXV-2500 composite output to monitor

A

asethi

Enthusiast
I am using component to my projector from monitor out of the rxv-2500. I then connected the composite out to my computer(it accepts a composite connection). When i play the dvd it only shows up on the projector but not the computer. When playing the computer shows the background yamaha background screen on the computer.
But when I hit menu, the menu appears on both the projector and computer. Is there anyway that it supports on both computer and projector when playing dvd's or tv?

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
asethi said:
I am using component to my projector from monitor out of the rxv-2500. I then connected the composite out to my computer(it accepts a composite connection). When i play the dvd it only shows up on the projector but not the computer. When playing the computer shows the background yamaha background screen on the computer.
But when I hit menu, the menu appears on both the projector and computer. Is there anyway that it supports on both computer and projector when playing dvd's or tv?
Is your DVD player set to 480P? If so the signal most likely will not show up on a composite input. If your projector has a built in deinterlacer (and it's better than the one in your DVD player) set the output on the DVD player to 480i and let your projector deinterlace the signal. You should then be able to see it on your computer monitor. The 2500 will "upconvert" a signal but it won't down convert. So no signal other than a 480i will be visible on the composite monitor out.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis