B

BigNate

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Hey Guys
Just interested to know if anyone has any experience with the Yamaha RXV-1300 Receiver and if they are happy with it. &nbsp;I am also open to suggetsions as to which receiver to purchase, need about 100 watts per channel and need to keep the price around $600. &nbsp;By the way, have a pair of Axiom 60ti's with a AR 12'&quot; sub and QS4 rears with an Axiom Center channel, if that helps at all.</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
BigNate : <font color='#000000'>Hey Guys
Just interested to know if anyone has any experience with the Yamaha RXV-1300 Receiver and if they are happy with it. &nbsp;I am also open to suggetsions as to which receiver to purchase, need about 100 watts per channel and need to keep the price around $600. &nbsp;By the way, have a pair of Axiom 60ti's with a AR 12'&quot; sub and QS4 rears with an Axiom Center channel, if that helps at all.</font>
<font color='#000000'>

It is a great reciever and has six chanel output. Has a very good power section and has excellent DSP and DTS performance. Combine this with floor standing speakers and watch the fun.

If you aren't into rear center output then go for the RXV-800 which is a good deal now and has won many accolades for it's performance.</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
B

BigNate

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Thanks for the information Yamahaluver. &nbsp;When you say rear center, is that the same as saying 6.1 surround? &nbsp;And if so, is the only main difference between the 1300 and the 800 is that the 1300 has 6 channels allowing it to do 6.1 surround sound? &nbsp;Any information would be helpful.</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
BigNate : <font color='#000000'>Thanks for the information Yamahaluver. &nbsp;When you say rear center, is that the same as saying 6.1 surround? &nbsp;And if so, is the only main difference between the 1300 and the 800 is that the 1300 has 6 channels allowing it to do 6.1 surround sound? &nbsp;Any information would be helpful.</font>
<font color='#000000'>

You are correct in your assumption, the RXV-1300 has powered rear center for 6.1 compatibality. The RXV-800 also supports 6.1 but instead of powered center it has 'Phantom' rear center mode when you enable 6.1 surround. The 'Phantom' mode sends the rear center chanel info to the rear surround speakers.

I have heard both systems, one with rear center and one without and can tell you there isn't much of a difference. Invest in full range good rear speakers and rear sub woofer like a YST-90 and you will enjoy the sound.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>BigNate,

I bought a RX-V1300 about a month ago. &nbsp;Compared it in my house to an Integra 6.3. &nbsp;Well, I chose the Yamaha because of its better sound (to me), more digital inputs on the back, 4.0 V sub LFE preout, equalizer for center channel speaker, and the ability to play your main speakers as &quot;small&quot;, &quot;large&quot;, or &quot;both&quot;. &nbsp;With the Integra, the sound was best with all speakers set to small including the mains and the bass to sub. &nbsp; With the Yamaha, I put the mains to &quot;both&quot; so that both the mains and sub get the bass below 90 hz. &nbsp;The RX-V1300 has a fixed LFE filter at 90 hz that is not adjustable. &nbsp;This is not a problem at all for me. &nbsp;Most people use 80 - 100 hz anyway (depending on your mains).

I use Paradigm Reference Studio 40 v2 as my mains, Polk PSW350 sub, Polk CS245i center, and Polk in ceiling surrounds. &nbsp;The Yamaha easily drove all these speakers. &nbsp;The other neat feature is the preouts. &nbsp;I recently purchased a NAD C270 power amp to run the Paradigms for two channel audio (they are power hungry speakers) and although the sound is better with the seperate power amp, it made me respect the power that the Yamaha receiver has. &nbsp;One note, it toke about 2 weeks of &quot;burn-in&quot; for the receiver to warm up its sound. &nbsp;You will enjoy it.

P.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>pjdami and yamahaluver,
I appreciate all of the imformation. &nbsp;I'm also looking into some Paradigm 40 v2 speakers and have heard they are power hungry, so I am probably going to run an amp for both of the mains such as you did pj. &nbsp;All of your information was very helpful and I appreciate it very much.</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
Guest : <font color='#000000'>pjdami and yamahaluver,
I appreciate all of the imformation. &nbsp;I'm also looking into some Paradigm 40 v2 speakers and have heard they are power hungry, so I am probably going to run an amp for both of the mains such as you did pj. &nbsp;All of your information was very helpful and I appreciate it very much.</font>
<font color='#000000'>

If you need a good power amp matching with your reciever try the Yamha MX-1 amp. Massive amounts of class-A power and the ability to drive 1 ohm loads. Has the charecteristic Yamaha sound that one either loves or hates.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis