RXA680 the best I can do at lowest price? Coming from Yamaha rx-v379 want PEQ, 5.1, separate Crossovers per speaker, Airplay 2

Nakean

Nakean

Junior Audioholic
IS the Yamaha RX-A680 the least expensive way to get all the asks from below?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!!

Hello everyone! I'm just getting back into home theater and have finally made some headway with my bass management. I do 70/30 movies and music on my system. I don't need a lot of power as I have a Klipsch rf82II setup with RC62II Center which are very sensitive speakers that don't need much power. I'm getting more than enough volume at -20db settings with my v379 right now.

What I hate is the lack of eq for my subs and overall bass management (just got a mini DSP so that might not matter anymore. I have dual sb2000/PC2000 (I know the dreaded ported and sealed in one system).

I would like:
  • PEQ and crossovers for all channels
  • 5.1 ( don't need a separate zone, don't need atmos as I won't have height speakers) I'm guessing If I want the other things (software) on the list it will have to be 7.1 AV receiver though
  • Airplay vs Bluetooth
  • To be able to control EQ and other settings via phone app instead of diving through the menu each time ( I tinker a lot).
  • Levels and EQ that follow input/source instead of single Level/EQ for the system regardless of source
  • I don't see upgrading to 7.1 or Atomos in-ceiling or height speakers. It's hard enough to get wife approval for the speakers I currently have. Next purchase after amp will be larger matching subs or another of the same. 3 subs are better than 2 right and 4 is better than 3? Not a basshead...except when it comes to movies!!!!

I'd like to stay with Yamaha as I'm familiar and like my experience but not totally tied to them

Attached is my progress with the two subs..no DSP and no EQ. Just good ol' fashion moving them around the room. This not my attempt to prove I'm not trying to waste people's time and I'm willing to put in the time and effort for good sound. ( just have a restrictive budget) $500-600

IS the Yamaha RX-A680 the least expensive way to get all the asks from above?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!!

Single PC On the floor.jpg

Single PC in the Nook.jpg

PC in the nook set 180 degrees phase with SB behind couch.jpg

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
If you don’t mind a renewed unit, Amazon has the Yamaha TSR-7810 for 314.00

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Yamaha RX-V683BL is $329 on Amazon new.

Edit: This might only have Airplay and not Airplay2. Not sure if that is a deal breaker for you.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
As far as mixing sealed with ported I've never actually tried nor do I have much input outside of its not recommended. I've read it can work, but it takes some careful implementation.

If you bump the budget a bit I think the Denon X3500H might work out for you. It comes with Audyssey MultEQ XT32 for room correction and better for you, 2 independent subwoofer outputs. It doesn't have onboard PEQ, but for $20 you can dl their editor app and it gives you some more control. You can save multiple curves too, which is nice if you like swapping out speaker sets like some people I know... :p

Nakean

Nakean

Junior Audioholic
As far as mixing sealed with ported I've never actually tried nor do I have much input outside of its not recommended. I've read it can work, but it takes some careful implementation.

If you bump the budget a bit I think the Denon X3500H might work out for you. It comes with Audyssey MultEQ XT32 for room correction and better for you, 2 independent subwoofer outputs. It doesn't have onboard PEQ, but for $20 you can dl their editor app and it gives you some more control. You can save multiple curves too, which is nice if you like swapping out speaker sets like some people I know... :p

Hmm..I like this. Also, I think one thing I'm really missing is LFE+Main option that is on the Denon (I think) but not on Yamaha RX-V Models.

Nakean

Nakean

Junior Audioholic

Thoughts on the Denon AVR-x2500H
Quite a bit cheaper. HDCP 2.2 instead of 2.3 but don't see myself using 8K or anything in the near future
Can get it delivered for 349 on Amazon

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Thoughts on the Denon AVR-x2500H
Quite a bit cheaper. HDCP 2.2 instead of 2.3 but don't see myself using 8K or anything in the near future
Can get it delivered for 349 on Amazon
It's a fine receiver but missing some features I think you could use. You'd probably be just as well off with the Yamaha.

What I like most for you with the 3500 are Audyssey MultEQ XT32 with SubEQ and separate subwoofer outputs. You can EQ them separately before global, which I think could help you a lot. If you're going to attempt mixing a sealed sub with a ported one you're gonna need all the help you can get.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Another nice thing about the 3500 over the 2500 are pre-outs for all channels for amp flexibility....

E

EBN

Audioholic
Forget the A680 a.k.a rip off model! It`s basically same machine as RX-V585 with Aventage batch and 5th feet. Depending where you live you pay more for it than for better RX-V685 model and you get less power (80w vs 95w), poorer version of YPAO (basic YPAO vs R.S.C), less connections, global crossover (1 setting for all)...

The TSR7810 has multipoint YPAO R.S.C and V685 new 32-bit DACs, preouts for main channels etc. Although most people would still pick Denon X3500H which is more equal to Yamaha RX-A1070.

Nakean

Nakean

Junior Audioholic
Forget the A680 a.k.a rip off model! It`s basically same machine as RX-V585 with Aventage batch and 5th feet. Depending where you live you pay more for it than for better RX-V685 model and you get less power (80w vs 95w), poorer version of YPAO (basic YPAO vs R.S.C), less connections, global crossover (1 setting for all)...

The TSR7810 has multipoint YPAO R.S.C and V685 new 32-bit DACs, preouts for main channels etc. Although most people would still pick Denon X3500H which is more equal to Yamaha RX-A1070.
After doing a little more research I'm blown away by how much more you get with the Denon counterparts!!!! Not sure I'll use the Pre outs but I have em if I want em for less than the Yamaha.

It's a fine receiver but missing some features I think you could use. You'd probably be just as well off with the Yamaha.

What I like most for you with the 3500 are Audyssey MultEQ XT32 with SubEQ and separate subwoofer outputs. You can EQ them separately before global, which I think could help you a lot. If you're going to attempt mixing a sealed sub with a ported one you're gonna need all the help you can get.
Definitely like the Audyssey xt32! And even when some of the other models say they have two sub pre's they aren't always discrete like this amp.b

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis