W

Woodworker

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I currently have a Pioneer Elite VSX33tx and Paradigm Monitor 11 speakers for the fronts a CC-370 center and CRs-80 ceiling mounts for the rears. I have shopping for a receiver upgrade and like the RX-Z1 for a lot of reasons however I have not heard it with my speakers. Also with the new RX-Z9 out and can purchase the Z1 for $1940.00 from a brick and mortar dealer locally. At $1940 does the Z1 represent a good deal?</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>Of all the speakers out in the market, the Paradigm compliment Yamaha sound really well apart from Yamaha's own high end speakers and Magnepan, Canton and Axiom.

Makse sure the presence is Paradigm too, wait a few days and see the RXZ-1 price plummet further.</font>

W

Woodworker

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>How much lower to you think it will go? Is $1600.00 possible. Also the dealer said the warrenty is 2 years however the Yamaha site states 5 years. Who is right? Thanks for the reply.</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>The warranty on Yamaha RXZ-1 is 5 years period if bought from an authorized dealer, cant say about the price drop but expect it to drop considerably when the Z-9 is launched in numbers.</font>

W

Woodworker

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>It happens that there are 2 authorized dealers in my area. The one I visited already had a Z9 in the store and quoted me $1940.00 I called the other dealer and they quoted me $2290.00. They said that if Yamaha officially discontinued the Z1 they could drop the price more. I have emailed Yamaha and asked if the Z1 will be discontinued. I guess my overall question/issue is… Is the Z1 a great deal at $1940.00 compared to what else is now in the marketplace for around $2,000. All of the reviews of the Z1 have been very good even at $2,800. Thanks for your help.</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>The Z-1 is a fantastic receiver and you wont be dissapointed with it at all, good luck.</font>

W

Woodworker

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>The dealer called today and said that the Z1 was not being discontinued and the list price was still $2,799. He could get me one for $2,400. After reading about the dennon 3805 for $1200 I think I will wait.
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
R

RX-V2400

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Or the Yamaha RX-V2400 which is only marginally below the Z1 for $688 street price.</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis