RX-V2700 does not sound great with Bose AM 15III

n1lss

n1lss

Enthusiast
Clint, are you sure about that? The module has an input for the subwoofer output from a receiver (for LFE, I believe). I don't know if it's better to use that input or just direct the LFE signal to the front speakers in the receiver settings, though.
Im not sure one is really any better than the other

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I'm wondering if the OP finally realized it's not the RX-V2700 that's responsible for his dissatisfaction....

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
I'm wondering if the OP finally realized it's not the RX-V2700 that's responsible for his dissatisfaction....
I doubt that because Yamaha receivers are junk I know that I hate them:p

C

craj999

Audiophyte
I Figured it out...but not there yet.

Thanks a lot for all your thoughts, it was really helpful in understanding a lot of things.

I have always used the YPAO to optimize the output. And the maximum I used to later do is to manually change the speaker level to 10 db on each speaker that used to improve the performance a little.

I tried the Bass Crossover to 200KHz and I did feel an improvement.

Then later, I looked at the Parametric EQ section and started playing with it, and I could finally get to feel the Center Channel speaker's dominance and hear the dialogs very nice.

I got the desired effect alright, but I had a least idea of what I was doing with the EQlizers. I am concerned about the following and may be get some answers on this.

1. I set the speaker lever (what ever that is) to 10 db.
2. Changed the Parametric EQ - to high for all

* Would any of the above actions pose a threat to the speaker system (bose Accoustimas 15 III)

* Where can I get information about the Parameters (Bang / gain, Q, Freq) so that I understand what I am doing?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis