A

Azz123

Junior Audioholic
Well, just had the opportunity to trade my RX-v1500 for what I paid for it and upgraded to a RX-V2500.....
There is a difference!!
Have only had it 24 and have only watched one DVD. Have to say the volume levels are VERY different! Extra 10w of power doesnt make much difference - be buggered!
Previously I made my wife endure watching DVD's at about -13 on the 1500, I found myself pushing the 2500 back to about -20 for the same comfort level for her, and what I believed was about the same....

Anyway.
The GUI - is there any way to resize it? On my TV (16:9 Sony KVHX32M31) its showing as maybe a 4:3 picture and is centred taking about 2/3rds of the vertical height. Its as if its got top and bottom letterbox bands. Yes I know it can be moved about, though enlarged?

Appreciate the help, and glad I made the upgrade!

A

Doug917

Doug917

Full Audioholic
I thought there was a setting for 16 x 9. It has been quite a while since I set mine up but my GUI does fill my entire 92" 16 x 9 screen.

A

Azz123

Junior Audioholic
Went back through the GUI last night, and for the life of me I cant find it...

Anyone?

A

The Yamaha GUI is 4:3, not 16:9, however your TV likely has a scaling mode that will stretch it to fill the screen. You probabaly remember seeing it stretched while your TV was last in this mode.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis