RX-v2400 vs Denon 3805

D

dmoss

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I am a little confused by the review done by Audioholic on Recommended systems by price. &nbsp;They recommend the RX-V2400 for the $ 5000.00 system as receiver of choice and then recommended the Denon 3805 as the receiver of choice on the $12,000 system. &nbsp;I have not be able to find any justification for using the 3805 instead of the v2400. &nbsp;THD is better with the yamaha, Yamaha has select THX, Denon doesn't. &nbsp;Yamaha puts out more watts. &nbsp;Why would I want to pay $300 to $500 more for the Denon?</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>Why not let your ears be the final judge in this case? They are both good products and each has its own attributes.</font>

R

Ross

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Remember beauty is only skin deep, and so are the spec sheets.  Don't worry about the number games that the manufacturers use in their spec sheets.  Be more concerned about the meaningful features on the unit that you'll actually use, not the fuzzy numbers.

best,</font>

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>The 12K system focuses more on WOW factor, and video for a more theatrical experience. &nbsp;Also, the 3805 has a slightly bigger power supply and can deliver a bit more juice with multiple channels driven. &nbsp;We will detail this in the forthcoming review.

The speaker system choosen for the 12K system doesn't require gobs of power, and thus the 3805 should do just fine in this application.</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis