Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
This will be short and sweet. Don’t waste your MONEY No big change as far as I can tell. AI is, in my opinion, just a loundness thing.

HERE IS THE THING THAT MATTERS MOST TO ME AFTER THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY, AFTER SALES SUPPORT IS NON EXISTENT. BUT YMMV BUT I DOUBT IT. Didn’t matter that I was a good customer and had 3 Yamaha units. I spent 2 months trying to get it right with them and wound up with nothing.

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
This will be short and sweet. Don’t waste your MONEY No big change as far as I can tell. AI is, in my opinion, just a loundness thing.

HERE IS THE THING THAT MATTERS MOST TO ME AFTER THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY, AFTER SALES SUPPORT IS NON EXISTENT. BUT YMMV BUT I DOUBT IT. Didn’t matter that I was a good customer and had 3 Yamaha units. I spent 2 months trying to get it right with them and wound up with nothing.
Well, what are your problems now?

I would just set everything up for as a straight source. No Eq, no dynamic volume systems and the simplest bass management systems. Good units are just wires with gain. There is just far too much bloat on these receivers. Disable all the junk you can and operate it in the simplest way possible. I would bet that will bring about a huge improvement and you will actually get to enjoy your system.

In my system there is no Eq enabled at all and no dynamic Eq of any type engaged. All speakers are full range and the LFE output mixed in to the four 10" bass drivers. It sounds absolutely marvelous. The only thing all these nonsensical features could do is muck it up and they really do. So I don't use them and have no need of them.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Sorry you have had such a nightmare and expense. Which other Yamahas did you have? It seemed like you really liked the 1050 you had prior?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis