RX-A2000 used for $340.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
A guy in my home town is selling this AVR because he bought a newer AVR. He says everything works fine on it. I'm wondering if I should make the buy and used it to replace my oldest Yamaha model, the RX-V1500 which is a THX Select certified unit.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
A guy in my home town is selling this AVR because he bought a newer AVR. He says everything works fine on it. I'm wondering if I should make the buy and used it to replace my oldest Yamaha model, the RX-V1500 which is a THX Select certified unit.
They are both 7.1 but you get DTS HD MA and Dolby TrueHD decoders on the A2000 which are nice.

On the other hand I paid only $400 plus tax recently for a new A770 on sale on AMZN. (Used in my bedroom system, I have no need for preouts or high power).

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
They are both 7.1 but you get DTS HD MA and Dolby TrueHD decoders on the A2000 which are nice.

On the other hand I paid only $400 plus tax recently for a new A770 on sale on AMZN. (Used in my bedroom system, I have no need for preouts or high power).
And HDMI which I don't get on the RX-V1500

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
V1.4 high enough to support 3D and ARC
If in top shape, go for it. The RX-A2000 is more powerful than the RX-V1500, THX certified or not. It also has better upscaling capability (HQV vida), if you still watch DVDs on a DVD player.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
If my A2060 is an indication of the quality of the A2000, I would say yes it is an upgrade. My A2060 is much nicer than my RXV3300 was. :)

For Blu-ray on a disc with Dolby TruHD, the sound is so much better than a Dolby Digital down mix. Pop in Batman Dark Knight. :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Will you use the additional features on the newer unit vs the older unit?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I think I'm going to pass as it will not pass 4K .

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
If in top shape, go for it. The RX-A2000 is more powerful than the RX-V1500, THX certified or not. It also has better upscaling capability (HQV vida), if you still watch DVDs on a DVD player.
The additional power would be nice if I needed it but the room is small and the senstivity of the PSB is high average. Maybe I'll wait until another model with 4K pass thru pops up.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
The additional power would be nice if I needed it but the room is small and the senstivity of the PSB is high average. Maybe I'll wait until another model with 4K pass thru pops up.
True, even in a larger room, as you know well, double the power gives only 3 dB more. So power output is a total moot point. If you need 4K pass through you are going to have to wait for a while as I don't think people are ready to let their RX-A2050 go for anything less than $700-800 yet.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
True, even in a larger room, as you know well, double the power gives only 3 dB more. So power output is a total moot point. If you need 4K pass through you are going to have to wait for a while as I don't think people are ready to let their RX-A2050 go for anything less than $700-800.
If hdmi 2.1 comes out next year, people might upgrade then and let some good gear go. HDMI updates make the money move around. LOL. :)

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
If hdmi 2.1 comes out next year, people might upgrade then and let some good gear go. HDMI updates make the money move around. LOL. :)
I am not so sure, the gap between HDMI2.0 and 2.1 apparently isn't that big because most people cannot see the difference between 2K and 4K and will most likely not benefit from 8K. Good thing I finally decided to upgrade from a $3K AVP to a $1K AVR, now I have little fear of having to feel missing out, even if they come out with a new HDMI and/or HDCP version every couple of years. Best future proofing I have ever done!!:D:D

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I am not so sure, the gap between HDMI2.0 and 2.1 apparently isn't that big because most people cannot see the difference between 2K and 4K and will most likely not benefit from 8K. Good thing I finally decided to upgrade from a $3K AVP to a $1K AVR, now I have little fear of having to feel missing out, even if they come out with a new HDMI and/or HDCP version every couple of years. Best future proofing I have ever done!!:D:D
Ya that system works :)

I didn’t say it would be wise to upgrade but many will for hdmi 2.1 is my guess. LOL :)

I’ll be grabbing a bigger 4K panel when 8K comes too. :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
darn it.. Paralysis by Analysis is starting to take hold.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I would just get a new AVR with the new DSU just in case you watch 2Ch contents and want some pretty great up-mix to 5.1.

Oh yeah, the new DSU is so much better than Dolby Pro Logic II or DTS Neo6.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I would just get a new AVR with the new DSU just in case you watch 2Ch contents and want some pretty great up-mix to 5.1.

Oh yeah, the new DSU is so much better than Dolby Pro Logic II or DTS Neo6.
Havent' you been paying attention? :) I buy everything 2nd hand as I cannot afford the prices for new.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis