Running micro flat wire to surrounds

D

Dsav101

Audioholic Intern
Hello all again. Another question for ya. I was googling and found a 55 dollar speaker snake and was wondering what others had done to run surround wires under the carpet. Unfortunately under the baseboards will not work for me, so I was hoping others had some tips. I though maybe a fish tape would work? Thanks for any responses!

Don

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Hello all again. Another question for ya. I was googling and found a 55 dollar speaker snake and was wondering what others had done to run surround wires under the carpet. Unfortunately under the baseboards will not work for me, so I was hoping others had some tips. I though maybe a fish tape would work? Thanks for any responses!

Don
They have cable runs that go under carpet. I've never done it myself, but flat wire is available. I have flat wire and can recommend a brand if you want to go that router. Be warned that stripping the wire is more difficult.

D

Dsav101

Audioholic Intern
Yes, I have the speaker wire already. I hope it is decent. I purchased Acoustic Research Pro II Speaker Wire 50 Ft. Micro Flat. 16 ga I guess. lol. Not sure how they classify it. Just curious what people use to track under teh carpet is all. I want to do it without making a mess, especially since I am renting and want this to be reversible.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis