RTA 11t Crossover service

59ctd

Audioholic Intern
Excellent info thanks much guys!. I finally have these RTA 11t speakers all put together and back to working properly again - and with new Polk tweeters as well. The little date stickers on the XOs and the one tweeter show Jun `88 and that tweeter was the one with black wire to tweeter + terminal. I figured this tweeter since it is original to the unit is most likely to be the one hooked up the way Polk intended it to be. The other tweeter had a date of Jan `93 and the black/white wires were exactly the opposite. I am fairly certain this in conjunction with me having picked the speakers up at Audio King's outlet store (i.e. their used & traded in stuff) the replacement tweeter was simply wired in with reversed polarity. The new tweeters are now hooked up the same with black wire being to the + terminal. Anyways, they sound great again instead of flat and muffled. Next on my list is to go through the manual surround setup and calibration procedure on the new-to-me Yamaha receiver I have.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis