RSL Speaker Systems Studio Monitor System Overview

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
I have to be honest! I didn't know anything about RSL Speaker Systems until Gene DellaSala told me about its existence. After following them for some time, I have to admit that I've become a fan. This company doesn't have an ultra wide variety of products like many other companies do, but they do have a high standard when it comes to their products and that deserves to be mentioned and recognized. Believe me, I wouldn't be saying this if it wasn't true. As far as I know, they only have 6 speakers and all of their systems consist of different combinations between them depending on their purpose. For example, lets talk about their Studio Monitor System. (See picture below)
CG24-Stereo-System-No-Grilles-White-600x414.png

This system is the latest edition of their 41st year of legacy. The Studio Monitor consists of two of their awesome CG24 speakers (which can be used either horizontally or vertically), and the Speedwoofer 10 subwoofer. The Speedwoofer 10 is controlled via a wireless remote control and features an external receiver box. The receiver box can allows you to use the remote even when the sub is hidden.

This speaker system uses their exclusive Compression Guide Technology (CGT) which was developed back in the early 80s and refined for even better performance in this series of products.

Check out the following picture to learn more about their CGT and how it works! Don't forget to share your thoughts about this technology.
compression-technology-650.gif

SPECIFICATIONS:

CG24 Studio Monitor
  • Woofers: (2) 4″ with Ferrite Magnet, Polypropylene Cone, Cast aluminum frame.
  • Tweeter: 1″ Silk Dome, Ferrite Magnet.
  • Frequency Response: 85-25,000 Hz ± 3db.
  • Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
  • Sensitivity: 90 db SPL @ 1 watt, 1 meter distance.
  • Recommended Power: 25-125 watts (Please note the following: this rating is for use above 100 HZ. Amplifiers of higher power can be used if care is taken not to operate them at maximum volume).
  • Crossover Frequency: 2,500 Hz
  • Crossover Slope: 6 db/octave (First Order)
  • Crossover Parts: Air core coil, Polypropylene capacitor, Gold Plated binding posts.
  • Tuning Method: Compression Guide™System Resonance: 68 Hz
  • Weight: 13 lbs.
  • Dimensions: H: 16″ W: 6″ D: 6 3/8″ (Without grill 6 1/8″).
RSL Speedwoofer 10™
  • Frequency Response: 24-180 Hz ± 3db.
  • Woofer: 10” Cast Aluminum Frame, Massive Ferrite Magnet Structure, rubber surround.
  • Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
  • System resonance: 18 Hz
  • Dimensions: H: 16 1/2” W: 16 1/2” D: 17 1/4” (Not including spikes).
  • Feet and Spikes: 4 spikes for carpeted floors and 4 plastic feet for hard floors supplied.
  • Weight: 64 lbs.
RSL Speedwoofer 10™ Amplifier
  • Power: 375 W RMS @ 4 ohms
  • Distortion: <1% at rated power.
  • Class A/B Full analog amplifier and power supply.
  • Volume and Crossover Frequency: 40-170 Hz-variable by wireless remote control.
  • Crossover slope: 12 db
  • Crossover Low Level Out: 100 Hz 12 db/Octave.
  • Crossover Hi Level Out: 100 Hz 6db/Octave.
  • Auto On: Activated by audio signal, shuts off after 20 minutes with no signal.
  • Phase control – 0 or 180 or Switchable.
  • Power draw auto on (no signal input): 20 watts.
  • Power draw standby mode: 14 watts.
  • Power Input: 115V, 60Hz, 230V 50/60Hz AC.
  • Fuse 115V: T8.0AL
System Price: $1,400.00

Note: The guys at RSL are so confident about their products, that they are offering a 100% risk-free trial. If for any reason, you’re not completely satisfied, you can send them back and they will even cover shipping charges. Wow!

Here are some additional pictures. Click on the thumbnails to zoom in.
CG24-With-Grille-White.png CG24-Without-Grille-White.png Speedwoofer-No-Grille-Remote-White.png
I don't know about you, but I like RSL's built quality and how their speakers look. What do you think?

For more information, visit RSL Speakers

Last edited by a moderator:
TICA

TICA

Audioholics Accounts Manager
Jose, great one. BTW, where's your avatar? ;)

JPyman325

JPyman325

Enthusiast
I don't understand all the tech of the speakers I just know they sound awesome. I chose RSL based on an interview I heard with Howard & Joe on HT Guys podcast and the enthusiastic review here and else where. I called a few of the ID companies and when I talked with Joe (the co-owner) he was very knowledgable and helpful. He has also been very helpful post sales answer questions even ones there is no money in it for him. Once these speakers where broken in they sound so awesome!!!

If your in the market for new speakers do yourself a favor and at least check out RSLspeakers.com

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis