J

Johnny 10mm

Audiophyte
My RP 1600 just after as little as 5 months is dead in the water green LED light comes on but no sound looks like it's beginning again guys. There is already quite a few YouTube channels already reporting that as we'll Rp1600 Dead I swore off I was never going to buy a Class D-powered sub again but at that price point I didn't think I could go wrong. Now this happened over the 4th of July holiday weekend so we'll see what they have to say as early as tomorrow which will be Monday July the 8th.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I thought all powered subs have class-D amps?

You can always just buy a non-powered sub like the RBH S-12N or S-1212N and use your own class-AB amp and never have to worry about any more dead internal sub amps.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It's not that it's class D, it's the quality of the amp. Klipsch subs have somewhat a history of less than reliable amps on subs. However, I'd think you're well within warranty and they should respond with an amp replacement if you contact them. Most sub amps these days will be class D, tho. I'd just move up to a better quality sub/amp.....

K

kini

Full Audioholic
It can happen with anything electronic or mechanical. Not a big deal. It has a 5 year warranty.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
My RP 1600 just after as little as 5 months is dead in the water green LED light comes on but no sound looks like it's beginning again guys. There is already quite a few YouTube channels already reporting that as we'll Rp1600 Dead I swore off I was never going to buy a Class D-powered sub again but at that price point I didn't think I could go wrong. Now this happened over the 4th of July holiday weekend so we'll see what they have to say as early as tomorrow which will be Monday July the 8th.
There is a very good reason Klipsch can sell most of their products at half of MSRP.....they are cheaply made using cheaper components.
This can happen to any brand really though.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
That’s a bummer. I have Polk sub that’s A/B but it’s not that great. It was a good deal at Best Buy to replace my old Mirage that died too, but I’m going to upgrade.

J

Johnny 10mm

Audiophyte
Posting the results of what a good friend of mine found it seems they are still using a very old design.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
That’s a bummer. I have Polk sub that’s A/B but it’s not that great. It was a good deal at Best Buy to replace my old Mirage that died too, but I’m going to upgrade.
Update: purchased the RSL Speedwoofer 10E and it’s definitely an upgrade. A great deal at $309 delivered US.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis