RP-260F (Reference Premiere Series) Floorstanding Speaker Overview

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
I'm a tower guy and I'm also a Klipsch fan. This company needs no introduction when it comes to home audio and theaters around the world. As any other leader in the audio industry, they have to keep innovating to maintain the competition on check and their customer interested. With this in mind, they will be launching their new Reference Premier Series of speakers on March 2, 2015. As part of this new series, they included different options to choose from like three tower models, three center channels, two surround speakers and two monitor speakers. Their RP-260F is their mid-line tower and and in this overview, I'm going to cover some of its features. To start, take a look at it and tell share with us the first thing that comes to mind.
PicsArt_1425056616616.jpg

As part of the Reference Premiere speakers this new tower has some interesting specs. Each cabinet feature dual 6-1/2" woofers with newly developed titanium voice coil formers that allow more linear movement which means lower distortion, wider frequency response and increased efficiency.
Combine that with Klipsch's signature 1" horn tweeter and their Hybrid Tractrix® horn technology. According to the company, this horn design delivers a wider sweet spot allowing which allows better position flexibility. Also, the horn material was upgraded to molded silicone rubber which is said to reduce resonance. When you turn around this loudspeaker, you'll see a Tractrix shaped opening similar to the horn which contributes for better airflow in and out of the structure. As I'm writing this, I'm really starting to like this new model. It's been a while since I had my last Klipsch speakers and maybe I should put this one on my list. What do you think?

SOME FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS:
  • Frequency response: 34-25,000 Hz (±3dB)
  • Impedance: 8 ohms
  • Sensitivity: 97 dB
  • Power handling: up to 125 watts RMS (500 watts peak).
  • 90° x 90° Hybrid Cross-Section Tractrix® horn with 1" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) titanium diaphragm tweeter.
  • Woofers: Two 6-1/2" Cerametallic™ cone woofers with rigid titanium voice coil formers.
  • Bass-reflex design.
  • Rear-firing Tractrix port provides fast, efficient airflow from the cabinet for clear, powerful bass.
  • Magnetically attached grille for a clean, streamlined look.
  • Durable polymer veneer finish.
  • Dual binding post speaker terminals for bi-amping or bi-wiring.
  • Built-in MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) base for increased speaker stability.
  • Dimensions: 9-1/16"W x 36-5/8"H x 17-11/16"D.
  • Weight: 49.5 lbs.
  • Warranty: 5 years
Price: $525.00/each.

Click on the following thumbnails to zoom in.
PicsArt_1425056664627.jpg PicsArt_1425056694420.jpg

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
It's been a while since I had my last Klipsch speakers and maybe I should put this one on my list. What do you think?
I do not know - with the few hundred speakers you seem to be
over-viewing, the decision may be a tough one for you to make.

As the Audio World Turns!

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
I do not know - with the few hundred speakers you seem to be
over-viewing, the decision may be a tough one for you to make.

As the Audio World Turns!
You are right, my friend. It is a VERY tough one. Of course, there are other tempting options to consider on my list.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis