William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Imo the monos are a much better value than the ultras. Similar output and extension, indestructible. Easy.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I will look into those monolith 15 for for sure
If the shipping doesn't kill you I think it's an easy choice. They're very good subs and reviewed very well here.

James is our resident sub expert and he doesn't pull any punches. I trust all of his reviews.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I've heard some people discussing Monoprice using Amazon.ca and maybe even Newegg has a Canadian site? don't recall, but it seemed there are some greater availablity options with Monoprice.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
What is the safest option which also gets a good WAF is the use of headphones.:p

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I think I saw someone mention paradigm defianceX earlier? Worth a look too.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've heard some people discussing Monoprice using Amazon.ca and maybe even Newegg has a Canadian site? don't recall, but it seemed there are some greater availablity options with Monoprice.
Monoprice or Monolith particularly, tho?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
yes.
(my understanding is monolith does not do their own sales, all such arrangements are made through monoprice.)
Yeah, went looking at amazon.ca in the meantime, they do have some Monolith amps and at least the 15in sub from a brief look, and says they're available thru Monoprice CA for sales/shipping !. The 15" sub was $2070 or so.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, went looking at amazon.ca in the meantime, they do have some Monolith amps and at least the 15in sub from a brief look, and says they're available thru Monoprice CA for sales/shipping !. The 15" sub was $2070 or so.
$2070 CA? That's not too awful bad. Definitely better than the PB16.

Paradigm DefianceX was brought up a couple of times too, if pricing is better with them they're definitely another viable option for you Canucks.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
$2070 CA? That's not too awful bad. Definitely better than the PB16.

Paradigm DefianceX was brought up a couple of times too, if pricing is better with them they're definitely another viable option for you Canucks.
If you have a local Target store you can get mono price subs you can order them threw the web page and return them there if problems arise .

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis