speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Toe-in Yes for the soundstage!
Glad that you mention this as I have a question. When I toe-in my Ultras do I turn the stands as well? Or, just turn the Ultras and NOT move the stands? The tables that I was using it was very easy to toe-in w/o moving them at all. Maybe I am being a bit too thorough here, but I want to get the most out of my Ultras.

Cheers,

Phil

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Glad that you mention this as I have a question. When I toe-in my Ultras do I turn the stands as well? Or, just turn the Ultras and NOT move the stands? The tables that I was using it was very easy to toe-in w/o moving them at all. Maybe I am being a bit too thorough here, but I want to get the most out of my Ultras.

Cheers,

Phil
Do NOT move the stands under any circumstances ... ever. :D

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Alex you gave me a hearty laugh. :D No need to move the stands just speaker as said by the wise man above. :) Make you are in the dead center when doing the Toe-in. Do it little by little till you get the sweet spot(voicing in the middle). :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Alex you gave me a hearty laugh. :D No need to move the stands just speaker as said by the wise man above. :) Make you are in the dead center when doing the Toe-in. Do it little by little till you get the sweet spot(voicing in the middle). :)
Got it. Will do it slowly until It it just right. Would I need to rerun Audyssey? Always thought that if you move anything at all running Audyssey is a must. Thanks for the tips!

Cheers,

Phil

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
You MUST run Audyssey again ... and again ... and again.

I do wonder how sensitive Audyssey is to toe in.

Are you able to view the corrections Audyssey applies to see if it can detect a changed toe-in?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord

Are you able to view the corrections Audyssey applies to see if it can detect a changed toe-in?
No I do not see that. Guess, I could write the results down each time though. That is a very good question. Never even thought about it.

Cheers,

Phil

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord

That largely depends on the room. The more the FR response changes due to the room acoustics, the more Audyssey will try and diddle with the response.

I like the stands John made for me over at ST. Base and column can pivot independently of each other.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
No I do not see that. Guess, I could write the results down each time though. That is a very good question. Never even thought about it.

Cheers,

Phil
Don't you have REW and a measurement mic?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Don't you have REW and a measurement mic?
Yes, I have the CSL UMik1. Also have downloaded REW. Not had much time to mess with it much. Lots going on here right now. More to come on that one.

Cheers,

Phil

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Yes, I have the CSL UMik1. Also have downloaded REW. Not had much time to mess with it much. Lots going on here right now. More to come on that one.

Cheers,

Phil
So you could take a measurement before you toe in, then toe in and rerun audyssey and take another measurement and know for sure if Audyssey did anything.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
So you could take a measurement before you toe in, then toe in and rerun audyssey and take another measurement and know for sure if Audyssey did anything.
Not at the stage to take measurements just yet. But, getting there slowly but surely. Have a boom mic stand coming in any day now. There may be some changes coming very soon. More on that at a later date.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Holy smokes! ACDC's Back in Black sound absolutely fantastic! Wow! Never sounded better! Mixed very well! :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Folks, my Denon does not hardly even get warm even when I am rocking out some. However, noticed that both of my S1500's get much warmer. Not real hot, but quite a bit warmer than my Denon. Is that normal? Maybe have the S1500's up a bit too much, no? Sounds really good to me. ;);););)

Cheers,

Phil

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis