Room EQ for Marantz

M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
I'm just trying to understand how this worked.
After you ordered it, are they shipping something to you or are you supposed to download some type of firmware intyo you AVR?
@lovinthehd , did you follow this?
No, it’s a local audio store. They had the receiver as a demo unit for people to test. So When I saw 1100 I was trying to keep it in the 1000 dollar range for a receiver. So I jumped on it, I called and they said the unit has everything with it.

When I showed up I checked what it had, and room EQ microphone for speaker balance was missing. That is an important piece of equipment. I couldn’t find it anywhere, used or what not. Couldn’t find it on Marantz either, but when I called they had it available. So now it’s complete.

Purchased it yesterday. Didn’t want to buy it without being able to get the proper equipment.

But as we had discussed above, I think the demo units do not come with it. The place is an authorized Marantz dealer. They had 4 other demo marantz products, even newer ones. 7015 and 8015 and those did not have the EQ microphone either.

Cause I offered to purchase anything spare they had in stock since I was unable to locate the product online.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No, it’s a local audio store. They had the receiver as a demo unit for people to test. So When I saw 1100 I was trying to keep it in the 1000 dollar range for a receiver. So I jumped on it, I called and they said the unit has everything with it.

When I showed up I checked what it had, and room EQ microphone for speaker balance was missing. That is an important piece of equipment. I couldn’t find it anywhere, used or what not. Couldn’t find it on Marantz either, but when I called they had it available. So now it’s complete.

Purchased it yesterday. Didn’t want to buy it without being able to get the proper equipment.

But as we had discussed above, I think the demo units do not come with it. The place is an authorized Marantz dealer. They had 4 other demo marantz products, even newer ones. 7015 and 8015 and those did not have the EQ microphone either.

Cause I offered to purchase anything spare they had in stock since I was unable to locate the product online.
All the units come with the microphone....sounds like the nimrods at the store lost track of them for their demo units. You can buy them separately easily enough on ebay and often thru denon/marantz as you've found out.

M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
All the units come with the microphone....sounds like the nimrods at the store lost track of them for their demo units. You can buy them separately easily enough on ebay and often thru denon/marantz as you've found out.
Of course, but how do you lose track of 5 or 6 of them.

they have no other use.

everything on eBay and Amazon and the entire internet is all old models. Like we said there’s the XT and the XT32, those are all the newer equipment. And two older models which are readily available.

I found one for 110, besides direct from manufacturer.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Of course, but how do you lose track of 5 or 6 of them.

they have no other use.

everything on eBay and Amazon and the entire internet is all old models. Like we said there’s the XT and the XT32, those are all the newer equipment. And two older models which are readily available.

I found one for 110, besides direct from manufacturer.
Consider the average doofus' ability to organize. There's only a few models of the mic. Should hammer the nimrods at the B&M store for a bigger discount if you have to source your own Audyssey mic.....

M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
Consider the average doofus' ability to organize. There's only a few models of the mic. Should hammer the nimrods at the B&M store for a bigger discount if you have to source your own Audyssey mic.....
B&M?

M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
brick and mortar....
Oh I did, I told them if it’s a 110 for that I need a discount, but he wouldn’t do it. That’s why I left originally.

I’m not certain how those demo units work, probably deeply discounted or free. B&M are definitely trying to make a profit. At that price they probably paid 600-800 for the actual unit. I would assume

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis