Room EQ for Marantz

M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
So I hit a speed bump, found a nice AVR open box with everything except the Audssey MultiEQ32.

that seems to be problematic, I found some online but they are older audssey. Nothing that’s the current room eq.

Anyone know where I can find this?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What model did you find? Audyssey XT32 was implemented on Denon & Marantz avrs generally in the upper end of the lineup. With Denon it starts in the 3xxx and up series....not sure on the Marantz model number scheme but seem to remember you mentioned the 7013 as a find in another thread....that one has XT32.

M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
Yup, I called and ordered it. I guess you need to talk to a representative. You can use the 32 or 32XT. I was trying to delete this thread but I wasn’t able to locate the delete lol

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yup, I called and ordered it. I guess you need to talk to a representative. You can use the 32 or 32XT. I was trying to delete this thread but I wasn’t able to locate the delete lol
Have no idea what using the 32 or 32XT means. Audyssey had the basic version of MultEQ, then MultEQ XT, then MultEQ XT32. Another distinction by age of unit in D&M avrs would be which models can use the Audyssey MultEQ Editor App.....with Denon that's 3300 and above.

M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
Yea
Have no idea what using the 32 or 32XT means. Audyssey had the basic version of MultEQ, then MultEQ XT, then MultEQ XT32. Another distinction by age of unit in D&M avrs would be which models can use the Audyssey MultEQ Editor App.....with Denon that's 3300 and above.
Yes, whoops, that’s what I’m talking about. XT and XT32

M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
Have units with both, the XT32 with the dual sub feature is better.
Yea that’s the one I got, but I believe it will be a while until I get two subs. Would need to move completely. My sound bar already disturbs them and the sub is a 150 W RMS

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yea that’s the one I got, but I believe it will be a while until I get two subs. Would need to move completely. My sound bar already disturbs them and the sub is a 150 W RMS
Saying a sub has a 150W amp is fairly meaningless without sensitivity to make sense of it in terms of how loud it may get. Let alone the spec behind the 150W rating....

M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
Saying a sub has a 150W amp is fairly meaningless without sensitivity to make sense of it in terms of how loud it may get. Let alone the spec behind the 150W rating....
Got it, I don’t know, it’s trash though. It’s what comes with the sound bar as a wireless subwoofer lol

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Got it, I don’t know, it’s trash though. It’s what comes with the sound bar as a wireless subwoofer lol
Wireless doesn't mean trash, have a couple with a wireless receiver built in, can come in handy in some installations. Many HTIB or soundbar or computer speaker type subs aren't very good, tho.

M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
Wireless doesn't mean trash, have a couple with a wireless receiver built in, can come in handy in some installations. Many HTIB or soundbar or computer speaker type subs aren't very good, tho.
Yup, and if I turn it up all the way the neighbors start whining.

Just need a home theater because the volume just isn’t cutting it. Trying to get better audio at lower volumes.

Assembling a decoupler for my current and new sub to mitigate the wall shaking

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yup, and if I turn it up all the way the neighbors start whining.

Just need a home theater because the volume just isn’t cutting it. Trying to get better audio at lower volumes.

Assembling a decoupler for my current and new sub to mitigate the wall shaking
HT/subs and neighbors thru thin walls can be an issue. Putting something under a sub won't necessarily change anything, most of the vibration is in the air and bass travels thru walls fairly easily....altho if you have wonky construction of floors along with some types of feet on a sub, might reduce some direct vibration. Good luck.

M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
HT/subs and neighbors thru thin walls can be an issue. Putting something under a sub won't necessarily change anything, most of the vibration is in the air and bass travels thru walls fairly easily....altho if you have wonky construction of floors along with some types of feet on a sub, might reduce some direct vibration. Good luck.
Yup, but you lose bass when it goes into the walls and floor. A decoupler, which I’m sure you know about, will put it into the air rather than the walls.

Plus unlike some brands, I decided to make one myself. Rather than get ripped.

I got a way better build quality, and I’m using solid maple for the shelf or podium portion. I haven’t seen the foam sub dude brand uses, but I some really high density foam. And mine is 24”x 32”, which is larger to accommodate any size sub.

12 for the foam and 30 for the wood. I think the sub dude is 44 at the cheapest price. But product quality is in question. MDF wood is cheap and who knows the quality of the foam.

But generally have always put styrofoam under my subwoofer to sooth the bass. At 0 cost it’s win win, but doesn’t compete.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yup, but you lose bass when it goes into the walls and floor. A decoupler, which I’m sure you know about, will put it into the air rather than the walls.

Plus unlike some brands, I decided to make one myself. Rather than get ripped.

I got a way better build quality, and I’m using solid maple for the shelf or podium portion. I haven’t seen the foam sub dude brand uses, but I some really high density foam. And mine is 24”x 32”, which is larger to accommodate any size sub.

12 for the foam and 30 for the wood. I think the sub dude is 44 at the cheapest price. But product quality is in question. MDF wood is cheap and who knows the quality of the foam.

But generally have always put styrofoam under my subwoofer to sooth the bass. At 0 cost it’s win win, but doesn’t compete.
No, the bass won't increase "in the air". The walls will reflect/absorb what they can. Decoupling is largely bullshit for subs. Might reduce some rattles due the flooring...and I'd definitely go diy if something like that is needed. Going around the room and fixing rattles can be just as effective. I just use good/appropriate cabinet feet under my diy subs and not an issue.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
So I hit a speed bump, found a nice AVR open box with everything except the Audssey MultiEQ32.

that seems to be problematic, I found some online but they are older audssey. Nothing that’s the current room eq.

Anyone know where I can find this?
Are you talking about the microphone used to measure?
AFAIK, there is no way to leave the Audyssey program out of the box!
What model Marantz did you get?

M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
Are you talking about the microphone used to measure?
AFAIK, there is no way to leave the Audyssey program out of the box!
What model Marantz did you get?
7013 for 1100 OB, which comes with Audssey XT32, this unit doesn’t got it

M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
No, the bass won't increase "in the air". The walls will reflect/absorb what they can. Decoupling is largely bullshit for subs. Might reduce some rattles due the flooring...and I'd definitely go diy if something like that is needed. Going around the room and fixing rattles can be just as effective. I just use good/appropriate cabinet feet under my diy subs and not an issue.
I’ve heard washing machine pucks are really good.

honestly my only other option is removing the walls and floor. Haven’t set up yet, so we have yet to see how much better it gets

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I’ve heard washing machine pucks are really good.

honestly my only other option is removing the walls and floor. Haven’t set up yet, so we have yet to see how much better it gets
You could possibly just mock something temporary up, like a coupla layers of towels or similar....see how much of a difference it makes to which neighbor....and if you don't need the walls and floor....

M

MacCali

Full Audioholic
True, but I already bought 40 dollars worth of crap that needs to be used

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
7013 for 1100 OB, which comes with Audssey XT32, this unit doesn’t got it
I'm just trying to understand how this worked.
After you ordered it, are they shipping something to you or are you supposed to download some type of firmware intyo you AVR?
@lovinthehd , did you follow this?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis