Roku Ultra 5.1 audio issues.

D

DFQForce4

Audiophyte
Will this split the video and audio seperately for reference my 4K Blu-ray has 2 HDMI ports the second one is for audio,1 goes to the tv and 2 goes to the AVR which allows me to have DolbyTrueHD and DTS HD Master audio 5.1 during movie playback. Is this the same concept?

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
Will this split the video and audio seperately for reference my 4K Blu-ray has 2 HDMI ports the second one is for audio,1 goes to the tv and 2 goes to the AVR which allows me to have DolbyTrueHD and DTS HD Master audio 5.1 during movie playback. Is this the same concept?
Yep, similar concept. If you read the reviews, people are using it for your exact purpose.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Yep, similar concept. If you read the reviews, people are using it for your exact purpose.
I see it has a way of dealing with EDID conflicts but there is no information on how it works. I have been very reluctant to recommend HDMI splitters, because EDID conflicts usually make them useless.

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
I see it has a way of dealing with EDID conflicts but there is no information on how it works. I have been very reluctant to recommend HDMI splitters, because EDID conflicts usually make them useless.
In general, I agree and was hesitant to recommend one until I saw the specs, and reviews, on this one. It appears to have all the bases covered (at 2-3x the cost compared to others). It has a 30 day return policy should something not be up to par. My bet is it will work fine for the OPs situation.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis