Roku Ultra(2022) vs Apple TV 4K(2021)

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, the Apple TV 4K locks everything for output to 48/24 and does not support hi-res over HDMI. No new Apple device does so over HDMI. The Nvidia just checks more boxes than the Apple TV 4K or Roku Ultra when considering ALL things but some may find that one of the others does just what they want and need it to do and like the others’ functions.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
It is a conspiracy theory of mine. I am telling you, I still have 2 of the old Rokus and when I saw the Apple TV, there is NO WAY a company like Apple would release a device that looks 99.9% identical with the possibility of lawsuits (and Roku has since changed the look of theirs). These two have some secret agreement that lawyers are keeping under wraps. Or not, but it just seemed extremely unlikely a company like apple would introduce a new product so fast that looks suspiciously similar to an existing one. I could be wrong.
LOL, I don't think a square box is proprietary, I am sure they were both made by aliens from area 51 ;)

All in good fun, they were never associated in any way as apple doesn't play well with others

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
LOL, I don't think a square box is proprietary, I am sure they were both made by aliens from area 51 ;)

All in good fun, they were never associated in any way as apple doesn't play well with others
That is exactly why I think that. Apple is so litigious that I would not expect them to release something that is so obviously similar in appearance to a product that was on the market for a couple of years because if someone did it to them they would sue. Like literally they would demote/fire the engineer who designed it lol. You say it isn't such a big deal, but to a company like Apple where branding is everything, it matters.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
The original Apple TV predates the Roku but that doesn't mean they didn't "borrow" one thing or another from somebody else. I wish Apple had kept the original form factor and connections and just kept updating the guts. The HDMI only connection of the Apple TV and many other new devices is bulls#%t. But, HDCP wins every time.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis