Roku Not Displaying 4K Consistently.

S

SoundEro

Enthusiast
Try connecting the Roku directly to the TV. What does it do there?
I did connect the Roku directly to the TV, just to see what would happen. The Roku continued to deny the existence of 4K in my system. But, then I found the setting in the TV itself that enabled 4K. Now, the Roku is connected to my receiver and finally working fine, displaying in 4K.

BTW, there’s yet another setting in the TV that controls whether the stereo speakers built into the TV are used or if external speakers, like those in my 5.1 surround setup, are used. It seems to apply on an input-by-input basis. Just another wrinkle.

Anyway, thanks for the tip.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Joy! Now, that wasn't so hard, was it?;) It's ridiculous that there are so many settings to get it all to work properly. But, you stuck in there. Nice job!

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
So, just to help others, can you elaborate on the setting you changed in the TV? It sounds like the HDMI 1.4 or 2.0/2.1 setting. This setting is common now on new AVRs as well for each port. Some older devices will not display properly or at all in HDMI 2.0/2.1 mode.

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
I did connect the Roku directly to the TV, just to see what would happen. The Roku continued to deny the existence of 4K in my system. But, then I found the setting in the TV itself that enabled 4K. Now, the Roku is connected to my receiver and finally working fine, displaying in 4K.

BTW, there’s yet another setting in the TV that controls whether the stereo speakers built into the TV are used or if external speakers, like those in my 5.1 surround setup, are used. It seems to apply on an input-by-input basis. Just another wrinkle.

Anyway, thanks for the tip.
When I said plugging directly into the tv caused other problems, it wasn't with picture transmission. The issue was getting sound from the tv to the avr. I could only get stereo/surround (probably simulated). I thought there was a way to send back the original sound from the ROKU to the AVR. It says it could do it and there were settings. But for the likes of me I couldn't make that work. Besides, the arrangement of running everything through the AVR is a much cleaner and user-friendly way to go about it.

I'm glad you're up and running. I wish the industry could figure out a better way to integrate. I've seen so many friends with setups that aren't getting out of them the money they put into their equipment.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis