cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
After the last ROKU Ultra update I did,, not the new (11.5) one released this week. We started to get this HDCP 020 error. Well I still have a Denon 4311 CI, connected to my ROKU and my Panny TC-P60ZT60 Plasma. And this only impacts ROKU and HULU Live. I can go from my ROKU to Disney +, Amazon Prime, NetFlix and never get the error. And at times, if I selected on HULU a show not from the Live TV area, it works. Happens on the other TV's a SONY 65" OLED with no AVR just ROKU ULTRA. Per ROKU, all you have to do is unplug your HDMI cable and plug it back in and bingo it works. I've tried all kindas of HDMI cables even the ones that came with the ultra and it still happens. Freaking weird. HULU saids its a ROKU fault and ROKU says its a HULU fault. I say come one, someone fix it, since it worked great before the ROKU update and my HULU has been to date way before this occurred.

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Times like this is when you miss just getting out of your chair and changing the channel on the TV to the 3 network and handful of UHF stations you had available !!

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Times like this is when you miss just getting out of your chair and changing the channel on the TV to the 3 network and handful of UHF stations you had available !!
Yep, back then during the black and white days, we got 4 maybe 5 channels LOL. These days, I never had any issues when I had Spectrum cable TV with the Basic package, but darn it if it didn't cost more each year. I still have Specturm internet and the home phone ( comes in handly if cell service craps during hurricane season) as a feed with 1 gb service at $89.88 a month. When I first signed up with Brighthouse ( before they went to Spectrum) in Orlando back in 2002, all of this ( not 1gb) cost $115 a month, it increased every year, nothing changed and the first of this year it was $176.55 a month, so I dropped their TV service. Now I get these letters saying for $29.99 a month I can have their basic TV package added to my account. LOL, but by the start of 2023, it goes up, but they won't tell you how much. That's the reason they have NO contracts.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
lol, I remember we were the kids on the floor and we WERE the remote ;) "HEY, change it to channel 4" You can always hide your remote? But even with a HD antenna you will still get more than 3 channels lol.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
After the last ROKU Ultra update I did,, not the new (11.5) one released this week. We started to get this HDCP 020 error. Well I still have a Denon 4311 CI, connected to my ROKU and my Panny TC-P60ZT60 Plasma. And this only impacts ROKU and HULU Live. I can go from my ROKU to Disney +, Amazon Prime, NetFlix and never get the error. And at times, if I selected on HULU a show not from the Live TV area, it works. Happens on the other TV's a SONY 65" OLED with no AVR just ROKU ULTRA. Per ROKU, all you have to do is unplug your HDMI cable and plug it back in and bingo it works. I've tried all kindas of HDMI cables even the ones that came with the ultra and it still happens. Freaking weird. HULU saids its a ROKU fault and ROKU says its a HULU fault. I say come one, someone fix it, since it worked great before the ROKU update and my HULU has been to date way before this occurred.
This is going to sound ridiculous (mainly because it is ridiculous), but have you tried unplugging your WiFi router, unplugging/replugging your cable modem, plugging your WiFi router back in, followed by restarting your Roku, followed by relaxing and having a cold brew on your deck? This has resolved some issues on my Roku that I wouldn't think could possibly be related to the WiFi internet connection, and, even if doesn't work, at least you have an excuse to have a cold one.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I recently needed to re-scan for networks with my Roku and switching to the TP-Link AP made a big difference.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Any way to go back to the previous firmware version that apparently worked?

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
This is going to sound ridiculous (mainly because it is ridiculous), but have you tried unplugging your WiFi router, unplugging/replugging your cable modem, plugging your WiFi router back in, followed by restarting your Roku, followed by relaxing and having a cold brew on your deck? This has resolved some issues on my Roku that I wouldn't think could possibly be related to the WiFi internet connection, and, even if doesn't work, at least you have an excuse to have a cold one.
Oh yes, been there, first thing I tried. But, it only happens to Hulu Live, and not anything else on my ROKU Ultra.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
worked like a charm on the old version. Roku says its Hulu and Hulu says its Roku since . I told the ROKU support "tech" hey it worked on your stuff until I updated YOUR device.

highfigh

highfigh

Router, or Roku?

Roku has their support system, but it's painful to navigate. They may be able to do some troubleshooting, though.

highfigh

highfigh

worked like a charm on the old version. Roku says its Hulu and Hulu says its Roku since . I told the ROKU support "tech" hey it worked on your stuff until I updated YOUR device.
Have you tried doing a factory reset? Also, is your Roku set to automatically detect the TV's resolution? I use a Roku Premier with an Integra 32" TV and never see the error message, even though the Roku displays the resolution as 1080, which is higher than the TV's max of 720.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That's why I was wondering if any way to go back to what worked.....what was the update supposed to do for you in the first place?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
My apologies if this was already suggested, but have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the Hulu app to see if that fixes it?

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
You are certainly not alone.
Thanks for the link.

ON my Denon, I have the ROKU HDMI assigned to DOCK. When this error comes up, all I do on my Denon, is select BD or any HDMI device noted and go right back to DOCK and it works ( I guess it resync the HDMI connection) . It sure beats unplugging a HDMI cable at the TV or behind the ROKU Ultra.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
So, did you reassign the (V.AUX) HDMI port to DOCK? Wait, I'm thinking of another model. HDMI #6 may be (DOCK) on that one by default.

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I can tell you from experience that it's probably Hulu. They've had app issues on a number of platforms I've owned so I'd initially blame them. Then roku.

I've since gotten rid of my roku, but does it allow you to install packages like Android TV does? If so you might be able to get a known working version of the app. If not, let the waiting game begin.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis