Roku Almost Lost Big in Silicon Valley Bank Debacle

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
When Silicon Valley Bank went down last week, if its accounts weren't covered by a federal bailout (which technically wasn't a 2008-style bank bailout), Roku would have been hurt, but not as bad as others. Roku was an SVB client but only held about 25% of its reserves in cash and equivalents in the bank, I have no idea if it's commonplace for companies to do this, but Roku turns out to have hedged its banking bets. The same cannot be said for others in the list of higher profile companies that were affected by the SVB collapse. These include Vox, Etsy, crypto firm Circle, video-game crack for kids company Roblox, video streamers Vimeo and Fubo and many more.

The situation was a mess and a fumble on SVB's part that in retrospect appears to have been avoidable.

Roku Avoids Disaster in Silicon Valley Bank Collapse
Silicon-Valley-Bank-Vox-Roblox-Roku.jpg

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There has been commentary that one of the things that contributed to the collapse, oddly, was WFH. Some of those bad decisions could have been avoided.

Roku is a few miles from my place.

JastinFerro

JastinFerro

Audiophyte
A Tale of Close Calls and Wise Choices In the wild realm of cryptocurrency, I nearly danced a perilous tango with disaster. Imagine, a rollercoaster ride through the treacherous twists of the Silicon Valley Bank debacle. But fear not, fellow adventurers, for my tale comes not without a twist of fate, a lifeline woven from digital threads – the OWNR Wallet. OWNR, the guardian of our digital hoard, an impregnable fortress designed for the crypto heart. Much like a trusty sidekick, it handles our daily dealings and covert missions with unparalleled finesse. The cheapest path to Bitcoin? OWNR knows the secret map. Storing, swapping, and sending coins? Like a magician’s hat, it holds it all. But it’s not just a digital safe haven; it's a storyteller too. As I watched the Bitcoin price needle play a mad symphony, OWNR was my conductor, orchestrating my moves. ERC-20 tokens, those mischievous imps, were tamed and managed with a wizard’s wand. And oh, the card – the enchanted artifact that turned my ordinary wallet into an alchemist’s pouch! Crypto and virtual treasures flowed seamlessly, all thanks to OWNR's magic touch. Now, I beckon you, fellow traveler of the crypto cosmos, journey to OWNR Wallet's abode. Venture not for self-promotion, but to join the league of the informed, the wise, and the daring. Peer through this window: https://ownrwallet.com/, where security embraces functionality, and adventure meets prudence.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis